Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I am short with scrawny arms etc, so mid 50s is best for me

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I'm 5'7inches, size 8, 50kgs. I'm well proportioned and toned, I have curves in the right places and certainly don't look sick or underweight.
    Think it depends alot on your height.

Thanks
    Reviews
    The average female being around 5 ft 7 to 5 ft 8 I would say around 50 - 55 kg. I have always sat around 48 - 52kg and I would say it's definitely a healthy weight that doesn't require you to go out of your way. Of course you would need to factor in whether or not you are heavy boned. I usually wear a size 6 but for some clothes I like a size 8 as it gives that extra bit of room and if I throw it into the dryer I don't have to worry that I won't be able to fit them if they shrink.

In my experience I have never had to work to keep at that weight, I've maintained a healthy diet while also pigging out on junk food on a daily basis. My only exercise being when I walk our dog and getting to and from work. I've still eaten take-away food at least twice a week so it's not like you go without. I'm not thin to a point where you can see ribs, there's still a lot of meat around the ol' bones haha. Sometimes I do a little bit of extra exercise for 2 weeks when my thighs or bum look like they're getting a bit pudgy.

I am now nearly 30 weeks pregnant and weigh 55 - 57kg. Doctor says it's a perfectly healthy weight gain for me and doesn't expect me to put much more on. I'm still fitting into my size 8 clothes although I think that comes down to luck as the baby bump is purely out front and not around my waist.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I'm 169cm, and for me i'm happy when i'm sitting around 60-63kgs. I was 56kgs at one point and I think that was too skinny.

Sent from my LG-P500 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I think it depends on your build. I am 165cm tall and have always been around 50kg... just naturally very petite but I eat heaps, promise!

Sent from my HTC Desire using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    This thread reminds me of the thread Sassy started a while back "this is what _kg looks like". It was a bit of an eye opener for a lot of people, I think.

Anyway, different people carry muscle and fat differently. It's so much different to simply saying this height and that weight. Some people weigh a lot more than they appear to because the fat is evenly distributed, where some look larger because of uneven fat distribution. (I'm talking people in general here, not hubbers). My neighbor is a big man, but he looks ridiculous because he has small undefined legs, but massive arm and chest muscles.

I can't say what is a healthy weight for a certain height, because it depends on a lot of things. Is their weight made up of fat, or muscle? Do they have a big frame, or small frame? Big boobs, or small? Big bum, or small?

Sorry, I seem to have ranted a bit.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Guest1234 For This Useful Post:

Benji  (08-02-2012),HELPihavea2yrold!  (07-02-2012)

headoverfeet is offline The truth will set you free, but first it will **** you off. -Gloria Steinem
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I'm 5'7" and I think I would look awful at less than 60kg lol, my goal weight is 75kg which would be around size 12 for me.

Witwicky is offline A closed mouth gathers no foot.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Shoopuf View Post
    I'm 5'5 (167cm), 51kgs, and a size 6-8 (but crappily, not exactly one or the other, which makes buying clothes a pain in the bum).

I dislike when people assume that thin = unhealthy or eating disorder.

I am naturally this way. This is the weight my metabolism adjusts to keep me at, regardless of what I eat (although exercise does make me lose weight rapidly, so I do have to make sure I increase my kilojoule intake when I exercise).

For me this weight is healthy.

I don't have bones sticking out all over the shop, my face isn't gaunt (if anything it is quite full), I eat a healthy and very robust diet, and I never deprive myself of foods I like/want.

About 7 years ago I went on the pill. I gained 14kgs, bringing me to my highest weight of 65kg. This wasn't healthy for me AT ALL. I had a massive amount of fat on my waist, and none anywhere else. My waist was significantly rounder than my thighs, hips and chest.

For someone who gains weight more evenly over their body (and doesn't have stick-like arms and legs), I'm sure 65kgs would be perfectly healthy.

There are so many variables - I don't think we can really put a blanket number on what is healthy.

ETA: I also have no boobs. Like, probably 500g at most So that probably is a factor too.
    What she said ^^

I don't like to put a number on it, because SO much comes into play. I know which weight I look the absolute healthiest at, but that is different for everyone.

I'm 5"7 and weigh 50kg...and currently trying to gain a few (I would kill to look curvy...not gonna happen though!).

Before I had kids I was 60kg which was nice, so I'm aiming to get to 55kg at least, however I don't think I look unhealthy at the moment? My BMI is in the underweight range but there is still some fullness to my face, as far as I know I haven't got the gaunt/sunken look happening. Physically, I'm perfectly healthy, and my GP has confirmed this

I do find it ignorant when others suggest thin people are starving themselves. It really gets my goat, I eat like a trojan!!!
    Last edited by Witwicky; 07-02-2012 at 18:51.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Witwicky For This Useful Post:

Guest1234  (07-02-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    For me, it would be 80kg. My ideal weight for height is between 55-74kg from memory and I would look ridiculous at 55. I have big bones and quite a muscular build.

Zombie_eyes is offline Formerly Diamondeyes
    Winner 2012 - Biggest Computer Nerd
    Winner 2013/14 - Funniest Member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    according to the calculator on the 1 million kilo challenge thingo, my healthy range is anywhere from 57-70kgs.

i have no idea what i would look like at either of those weights. so i guess we shall see when i get to 70 (which is my goal weight)