+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Baby-friendly caesarean at the SAN? (Sydney Adventist Hospital)

Hi all,
    For a whole lot of complicated reasons that I won't discuss in this thread, it's looking like I'll be having a c-section with baby #2. I am keen to hear from anyone who has experienced the "baby-friendly" c-section at the SAN. Parents and baby are not separated during recovery and they help to establish breastfeeding etc. I had baby #1 elsewhere so any general info about maternity at the SAN would also be appreciated.
    Thanks in advance

Thanks
    Reviews
    Wow, 55 views and only 1 reply!

Thanks for sharing that Becclesm. I'm kind of sorted for an Ob but would still be keen to hear a recommendation via PM.

Your positive comments about the care at the SAN are consistent with others I've heard. It's not close to home for me, but I'm thinking it might be worth the drive.

I sincerely hope that your experience next week is a positive and healing one for you. Good luck! Whenever you manage to come back to Bubhub after the birth I'd be very interested to hear all about it.

Thanks again.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I hate the San had extreme complications (drs error) ended up in icu would never step back into there again IMO!!!!! Have you looked into Norwest or westmead private...
    I have shivers reading the name

Sent from my iPhone using Bub Hub app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I did not have a c/s at the SAN but had a great experience and most of my mum's group who had c/s had a good experience. The baby friendly c/s was discussed and I think it is lovely but is not guaranteed due to staffing.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Had a fantastic LC as well, had problems with DD born elsewhere but thanks to the LC at the SAN feeding at 9mths with no problems!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Waitingfordaisy, so sorry to hear of your ordeal. Have PMd you.

And thanks oconky for your feedback and congrats on the breastfeeding success. I fed DD1 until she was 3yo so I'm a big BF fan. Am hoping that #2 will be an equally positive experience.

becclesm, you'll be in my thoughts next week...all the best!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh wow! That's wonderful news! Huge congratulations and am so thrilled that it was a much better experience for you. Thanks for taking the time to write! Enjoy those snuffly newborn moments. xx
    P.S. When you're a little more on your feet I'd love to hear more via PM

Thanks
    Reviews
    Congrats glad it went well and you had a good experience!!