+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default The Guilt :(

Ds started school last week which I great, he is loving it and can't wait to get back there each day. I have been off work so I have been able to drop him off and pick him up and I am loving the greeting I get from him, the joy he displays when he sees me. Next week I am back to work and Ds will be starting after school care three days a week. I am so worried that he is going to be upset when I am not there and he sees the other mums and dads He is excited to go to care which is good but the guilt of not being there for him is eating at me. Jeez I hate this feeling. I have felt this way ever since he was 5 months old when he started daycare. Does it ever go away?

Sent from my iPad using Bub Hub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    yes it does go away when you stop thinking that you should feel guilty about doing what is best for your child and family

daycare, school etc is normal its about of growing up and gaining self independence, if you wrapped your child in cotton wool and did not allow them to discover the world then you should be feeling guilty

go to work enjoy your day the last thing you will find your ds worrying about is you he will be loving life

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    My DS loves after school care. Seriously. He gets to play on the playground with his friends! He's an only child so he really benefits from the extra play with other children.

It's only an extra couple of hours per day, it will be fine

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Benji For This Useful Post:

bubbasmum  (07-02-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I'm sure he'll be just as happy to see you when you collect him from after school care!

Unless he is showing signs of distress, which you clearly confirmed he is not, then maybe just try to remember these are your feelings of guilt, not his, and he is just fine! You've obviously raised a confident, well adjusted little boy there so perhaps try to replace that feeling of guilt with a feeling of pride!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Ellewood For This Useful Post:

bubbasmum  (07-02-2012)