+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Have no idea where to put this but...

My DH does work away from home Anyway I have just got to talk to someone. DH rang tonight (mind you I could barely hear him and the phone kept cutting out) and this thing with him working away is getting too much. For those of you who don't know my DH was forced into this job (long and very unpleasent story) so basically we decided to try and stick it out a bit longer for the money...HOWEVER...we litterally cannot stand this anymore. As if it wasn't bad enough him being 400km away out into the middle of nowhere they send hime an extra 150km out on a rough mobile camp with 3 other guys, and get this...there isn't even a toilet , decent phone or TV. They have 1 vehicle and are miles from civilisation. I am in the meantime freaking out about being here by myself, the guy who lives next door is a weirdo and the other neighbours have parties nearly every night. So then my son goes to school last monday and I happen to be driving past at morning tea and my child is being choked on the ground by another child and the rest of the kids are standing there watching. I quickley stopped and ran in, all the kids took off then I had to find a teacher - both the teachers & teacher aides + the admin assistant are sitting in the shade behind the building drinking coffee and having a good old chat. They then told me that child who was choking my child was a prep and he didn't understand the school rules. Anyway we have to leave. We have to find somewhere to go but where. I cannot take this any longer. Thanks for listening

Thanks
    Reviews

Hoping you can work out some sort of solution soon.

My DH is FIFO and it does get hard, hang in there.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks lulu I just feel like well i don't know what I feel like but I know I'm not coping I don't know what to do. All I want is for him to have a normal job and be home every night. I miss my DH so much and I get about 5 minutes to talk to him each night and now they are going to take those phone calls out of his pay - not just from now on but they're backdating it to the beginning of the financial year so we are going to have a huge bill (it's a sat phone). I'm feeling very overwhelmed right now

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Can't they even spring for the phone calls? Oh man that sux. It really sounds like you need to get your ds out of the school and your man home.

Hope it works out.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I'm sorry you are going through this
    Where do you live currently and what sort of work does your hubby do?
    My hubby used to work away so I know how you feel

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks Guys sorry I got tired and fell asleep on the couch

Thanks
    Reviews
    I couldnt read and not reply!
    Dh did FIFO a little while ago.
    I hated every moment of it. We had a big discussion about what was important and realised that our family is more important than any amount of money. I got to the stage where I wasn't coping - its not a nice place to be
    He has been in a 'normal' job for about 4 months now and I absolutely love it. I feel like the time we had away just cemented how strong our relationship is. I really hope your situation changes soon. I know how terrible it can feel once you've reached the point of hating every moment of it
    Hugs to you xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Oh no. Sounds like you need a few hugs a good chat and sometime out.

I am a newish wife of FIFO with 2 under 3. He does 11 on 3 off which su.xs. I to miss him alot and we have no support where I live. If ever u feel like a chat pm me even a vent. Sometimes it helps.

Also that sucks about ur ds. I would be fuming!!!