+ Reply to Thread
    Birdistheword is offline Frightened little child, bird is the word!
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Work and gossip

Today sucked.

My best mate (lets call her D) and I work at the same place; we hang out all the time, work out butts off and do everything we are told. We have never had a sick day, help the trainees, respect others and have our resident in mind the whole time!

WELL, today we had just finished counting and labeling over 500 books, stamping, making sure they were there. Practically put our hands up to do it when noone else would. Then we finish and we tell our boss we finish, she then tells us to come into her office and I joke and say "wow looks like we are in trouble" (no sarcastic tone or anything, just having a laugh because our boss usually does too) Well no, no joke, we were in trouble for GOSSIPING!! AND being rude to the RN's on duty. We were dumb founded, we actually had to ask if she was being serious because we always talk nicely and work hard.

She said someone over heard us and said we were gossiping about other people at other aged care facilities. ARE YOU KIDDING ME? So now I can't have a convo with my best friend about my partner (who works at another aged care facility and I was talking about something he did to my best friend - not even work related)

We burst our crying. We were told that it was someone we thought was a great friend that we hung out with outside of work. People came up seeing that we were crying about it (hurt that we had just had a good friend break our trust) SIX, count them SIX RN's say that we are the best workers they have seen and we stop people talking about other people and one even bought me a bottle of wine.

So anyways, that is my vent. Now tomorrow all I will be thinking is how a best friend betrayed two of her friends. But now I have to smile like nothing happened because we will be the bigger person.

Sorry for being long winded, but I really needed to vent. Thanks everyone.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Well that's sucky! Good on you for trying to be the bigger person, it will be worth it in the end.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to chubby bunny For This Useful Post:

Birdistheword  (06-02-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    oh hugs what an awful friend <3 hope your day at work tomorrow is back to goos

5. The Following User Says Thank You to EmPowering For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sorry if I sound like a sooky la la, but I am seriously dumbfounded! Makes me so upset to think I trusted this 'friend' for over 2 years...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Not a sooky la la, hurt. Justifiably. Hugs Hun x

8. The Following User Says Thank You to ElizaDoLittle For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    That's terrible. What on earth was she thinking? How upsetting.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Alexander Beetle For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    You don't sound sooky at all. It is really horrible when someone you thought was your friend does something like that!

Reminds me of the bishyness from High School.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to chubby bunny For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks everyone. It IS like high school isn't it? Where are they days you talk to someone about your problem with them rather than run to a manager? If I have a problem with someone I talk with that person to see if we can come to some sort of agreement. A bit of respect never killed anyone...