+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Morph scan at 18 weeks 2 days? Anyone?

Has anyone had their morph scan this early and not had to go back because was too early to get all the measurements? Also did get find out bubs gender?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey there! I had my Morph scan @ 18w5days & they got everything they needed & we found out bubs sex! Apparently you can get your Morph scan anywhere between 17-22weeks! Definitely safe!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by ashleighfirgaira View Post
    Hey there! I had my Morph scan @ 18w5days & they got everything they needed & we found out bubs sex! Apparently you can get your Morph scan anywhere between 17-22weeks! Definitely safe!
    Thanks for your reply
    I tried to change my app today but earliest they would let me have it is 18w 6 days!!
    Better then having to wait till 20 weeks I suppose haha!
    Now to try and make the next 2 weeks go really fast

Shortiii is offline Baby H v2.0 - Anticipating April release
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hiya. I had my morph scan at 18weeks on the dot. They did get everything they needed and the sex I was worried too, I put a post on here about it also... Everyone told me to change it, but I couldn't, I live remote. Was fine though, I love the morph scan!
    I did have another scan at 22 weeks, to 'check the heart'... But the u/s tech at my 18 wk scan was really nice to recommend it, as baby was a bit cheeky with his bits and we wanted another look to check gender, and after our m/c, it's been a nervous pregnancy and the extra scan was reassuring. She got all the shots she needed at the scan for the heart at the 18wk one.
    You'll love it! Enjoy!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ashleighfirgaira View Post
    Agree with everything above! It was the same for me. Good luck

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Shortiii View Post
    Hiya. I had my morph scan at 18weeks on the dot. They did get everything they needed and the sex I was worried too, I put a post on here about it also... Everyone told me to change it, but I couldn't, I live remote. Was fine though, I love the morph scan!
    I did have another scan at 22 weeks, to 'check the heart'... But the u/s tech at my 18 wk scan was really nice to recommend it, as baby was a bit cheeky with his bits and we wanted another look to check gender, and after our m/c, it's been a nervous pregnancy and the extra scan was reassuring. She got all the shots she needed at the scan for the heart at the 18wk one.
    You'll love it! Enjoy!
    Congrats on your healthy bubba boy!!!

I can only get the scan done at the ultra sound place my OB referred me to and they will not do it at 18 weeks! They suck haha.

I'm just trying to do everything I can to make the 2 weeks fly!!
    I was told bubs gender at 16 weeks at a gender scan and they were 99.99% sure but I'd still rather wait till the 19 weeks.
    Will be nice to relax and know bubs is healthy can't wait!!

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Winterbubs1012 For This Useful Post:

Shortiii  (08-02-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Mines at 18+5....i had to beg as we're flying down to perth and are pressed for time. The difficulties of living remote! Hopefully we get everything we need as the waiting list for U/S at the hospital here is over a month unless its an emergency. Every woman in town appears to be pregnant - i guess these miner's wives have nothing else to do up here!!!

Shortiii is offline Baby H v2.0 - Anticipating April release
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by pilbarablossom View Post
    Mines at 18+5....i had to beg as we're flying down to perth and are pressed for time. The difficulties of living remote! Hopefully we get everything we need as the waiting list for U/S at the hospital here is over a month unless its an emergency. Every woman in town appears to be pregnant - i guess these miner's wives have nothing else to do up here!!!
    Are you in karratha I'm guessing? It's why I had my scan at 18weeks as we went down to perth for a small window and I had to beg also. I've actually written a formal complaint to the hospital because of the service I've received through their radiology! where I live the ladies are flying to perth for all their scans now to avoid the hospital!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Im in port hedland so close enough. Ive been lucky with my first scans, the hospital was good, though i felt as though we were rushed in and out so fast that we didnt really get to savour the moment as much - esp being our first baby. Its so frustrating!!

Where are you?

Thanks
    Reviews
    I don't think it matters if you are remote or city based, the maternity places are like a production line of women! Unless you go private, there are so many people to get through they are fast and don't give anyone time to enjoy the moment unfortunately. My scans have all been fine, but on average an hour late and have been damn quick, and my appt with the doctor was 40mins late and lasted 5 if I was lucky. I guess I try to look at it positively, that the quick apps let ya know that everything is good, but I can now understand why the rich and famous higher their own ultrasounds, I wanna see every week!