+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default PCOS - How do you treat your pimples?

Seeing a dermatologist next week but wondering what you use?

Nothing topical (trust me, I've tried all of it and wasted thousands of dollars over the last 18 years) is working, will work or has worked...well except Proactiv while I was pregnant but just found out it was more likely the pregnancy that controlled the pimples, not the Proactiv *sigh*.

I am really not keen on going on the pill - I'm not ruling it out all together but I just don't like the idea of it. I'm currently looking at stuff like Accutane and other medicines for pimples.

It's all on my chin and jaw - nowhere else. It's getting too much now, every time one disappears another two pop up and they're cystic. Can't keep putting on piles and piles of make up just to walk down to the shops!! Help?!!????

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I am exactly the same, acne is one of my major side effects of my PCOS, but unfortunately I have no ideas a I'm still trying to control mine.

I did go on some medication once, but once I read up on it and it's side effects I decided I'd prefer to have pimples than subject my body to that medication.

Hopefully someone can come and offer some better advice.

And yes, I have tried to stop eating junk, following strict beauty routines, living healthy, etc, etc, etc, they are purely from my out of balance hormone levels.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I know you said you've tried everything but I know a lot of people don't know about Eryacne. It is prescription and worked wonders for me.

Aside from that, the only thing that helps me is to drink heaps (and I mean HEAPS) of water and also drink a glass of pineapple juice everyday. I don't know why and I have no idea why I tried it but it really helped me.

Good luck. I wish there was a magic cure for PCOS or at least a quick fix for all the sh!tty symptoms that come with it. (secretly though, I'd take every pimple it could throw at me if it meant the "excess hair" would just **** off.

WooHoo! Another iphone!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Thanks Singlemumma & Tasha I mean I've tried everything Topcial....from washes to creams to spot pens to masks, from expensive products to natural products, to home made remedies...you name it.I haven't actually ever tried any medicines so I am absolutely open to anything right now. Like I said though I would like to remove the pill at all costs.To be honest while I suspected PCOS months ago (when I had a large Ovarian complex cyst), I didn't actually look at my symptoms. I don't have the excess hair but I've had pretty full on hair loss my whole life, had pimples my whole life however they're now all on my chin/jaw and very sore and itchy, plus my dr's convinced I've just had another cyst (won't go into detail but we both think it's gone due to the last very, very heavy/painful period I had). I'm not even upset about PCOS...in fact I'm sort of relieved that I now have an answer for this stupid acne on my chin. It's nice knowing it's not something I'm doing 'wrong'.
    Last edited by Pinkzy; 06-02-2012 at 19:34.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I am the same! Mine's kind of ok right now because I am pregnant, but when TTC it was really terrible .

I'm not sure true this is for everyone, but my GP told me that with PCOS pimples, a lot of the time they can be from infected hair follicles rather than typical acne, so she has seen a lot of patients get rid of their acne by getting facial lasor hair removal. I am going to try that after I have this baby, because that gets rid of the hair problem as well.... so I may as well try and get rid of my acne while I get rid of my beard!

On the other hand... two of my sisters also have it and had problems, then they both lost 5kg and 10kg each, and their symptoms have almost gone. I am hoping that if I ever lose this weight that mine go too

Thanks
    Reviews
    I will absolutely look into that TLT Thanks!

I wish weight loss would help. I've lost 14kg (half way to my goal weight) and it doesn't seem to be making any difference to my skin..heaps of exercise, tons of water, lots of fresh healthy foods, vitamins...it's all good for my health I know but it's not doing anything for my skin. Actually yes it is, the rest of my skin looks great but it's my chin and jaw that are just *covered* in pimples...and they're not small pimples either they are these big, nodular, cystic, HUGE bumpy pimples I make sure I use mineral natural make up too so you can imagine the cost of that too...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ladies, I don't have PCOS or very bad acne/pimples but there is something totally natural that I hope you will at least give a try. Buy some raw honey, and by raw I mean not heat treated. You might have to visit an organic or health food shop to get some. 1kg will last you months. Raw honey just gently warmed in the palm of your hand then rubbed on your face like a face mask, leave on for a couple of minutes then rinse with warm water. Try it morning and night for at least 2 weeks. It might make your skin a bit dry at first but it will come good if you persevere.

Keep the honey away from the little ones though. It has been linked to infant botulism if eaten by infants.

I have been washing my face with honey for months now. The only time I get spots are when i run out of honey and have to use other face washes.

Hope this helps.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I will definitely look into that thanks!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Pinkyz I had undiagnosed pcos for years and like you tried every topical cream. When it was finally diagnosed, we were going through our first round of ivf and the fs put me on diabex/metformin. It helps regulate the insulin and I found my acne cleared up alot.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Just to clarify the diabex/metformin isn't an ivf drug, it's a pcos and diabetic drug but obviously for anyone going thru ivf, it helps keep the pcos under control.