+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default How old until you let DS use the men's alone?

Mister 3yr old has recently become familiar with the difference between the genders and now only wants to use the men's toilets. I find it a struggle in shops when dad isn't there to take him and there's NO way I would let him go to the men's unsupervised. Wondering what age you started to let your sons use the men's?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I reluctantly let my brother at 9, then later found out a boy was assaulted by an older teenage boy just hours later in the same set of toilets. He was made to use the disabled toilets until he was a teen, after self defense classes and when he had more physical strength.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    7 or 8 reluctantly.

Home, where my life lies waiting, silently, for me.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    we'll be using the parents room/disabled toilets until highschool if i have my way.

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to trishalishous For This Useful Post:

amiee  (06-02-2012),halloweendee  (06-02-2012),kalgirl  (06-02-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by trishalishous View Post
    we'll be using the parents room/disabled toilets until highschool if i have my way.
    I simply told him no, I am the boss and you will use the disabled toilet, end of story. But I can be a little mean when it comes to these things.

Thanks
    Reviews
    My brother is 9 I don't let him go alone ladies toilets, disabled or men's with dh. Sorry kiddo don't trust people

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Little-Pink-Hen For This Useful Post:

chameleon  (07-02-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by pynk View Post
    I started letting mine around 8

Sent from my HUAWEI SONIC using BubHub
    Same I have a girl but she was going by herself

Thanks
    Reviews
    DS is 7.5 and I won't let him go by himself and I won't be anytime soon! We either use the parents room as I have a 3 yo DD as well or if it's just me and him then he comes with me
    Into the ladies!

Thanks
    Reviews
    My son is 6 and there is no way i will let him into the mens toilet by himself. I'm gonna try and keep it that way for as long as i can. MIL on the other hand let him go into the mens by himself when he was only 4!! I almost hit the roof when i found out

Thanks
    Reviews
    I definitely try to take DS to the disabled whenever I can but sometimes when he's bursting at the seams (which he usually is, holds on til the last minute!) and it's occupied I take him to the ladies. He's still only little so I don't feel awkward, but wondering what age it does start to become awkward !