+ Reply to Thread
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Metformin

Hi ladies!

Perhaps this is a silly question...

I have PCOS and whilst I'm not very over weight, I am above my ideal bmi, and would like to lose a bit! My FS hasn't mentioned metformin so do you think I can ask him for some? Is it only for certain circumstances? I'm trying really hard to eat well and exercise but the weight just won't come off. I'm sort of wondering why he hasn't suggested it, so if anyone has any info or advice that would be totally great!

The Metformin won't necessarily help you lose weight. It does with some women but not others. I have been on it for 4 months now and I exercise 6 hours a week and have changed my diet and my weight loss is minimal. It's pretty horrible to take, makes me sick, so in my opinion I wouldn't request it unless the dr thinks it will help your PCOS. I know some women who put on weight on Metformin.

Everyone different though, you might be one of the lucky ones that weight falls off them on Metformin.

Good luck!

Similar Threads

1. Metformin ?
    By c2p08 in forum Fertility Treatment
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 20-11-2014, 12:17
  2. Who has PCOS and isn't on metformin?
    By LittleDove in forum Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (PCOS) Chat
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 19-03-2014, 17:14
  3. Metformin and Ttc
    By Kellyttc2 in forum Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (PCOS) Chat