+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Exclamation Can I legally have my child immunised when ex doesn't want him immunised?

Hi all,

It's been a while since I have visited here, lots going on. Save that for another day though lol

So as the title reads... Can I have DS immunised against ex's wishes?
    Ex and I have been separated for almost 4 months.
    DS has not had any immunisations AT ALL.

I have never been comfortable with him not being immunised but due to a domestic kind of relationship, I felt caught between a rock and a hard place.
    The town I live in is now rampant with whooping cough and I really want to have DS immunised. He will be 2 in a week.

I just don't know my rights??
    Ridiculously, this is really upsetting me. I think because it's weighing on my conscience even though I probably shouldn't care what ex thinks.
    Please help xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    ... Does either of you have sole custody?

Why don't you just get him done if its what you really want, and not tell him...? Its not like he needs to know..........

Does your ex have weekends or anything with your ds?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    I'd say if there are no court orders stipulating otherwise, you're free to do whatever you damn well please.

Thanks
    Reviews
    We actually have 50/50 care of DS....
    I am classed as the primary carer (receiving pp).

I would love to just take him and get them done, but I am sure ex will find out as he is in rec of FT payments and I'm sure they notify both parties of the schedule and what not.
    The worst that can happen is obviously WW3, apart from the legal factor, if there is one.
    He flat out refuses, due to his beliefs on the subject. And I genuinely understand some of his concerns, but my thing is, the small risks far outweigh the potential disaster if he's not immunised....

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I say get that one done and not tell him, then see a solicitor about future shots.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to share a book For This Useful Post:

SassyMummy  (06-02-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    u dont need to have both guardians sign the "blue book" for kids' immunisations-only x1, so i dont see a reason for a problem.

once its done its done, can undo it....and who says ur ex needs to know?

i wouldn't hesitate myself especially if whooping cough is in your local area.

i think immunisation is a "no brainer"-it's a must do. The side effects of the shots are nothing compared to the MAJOR health problems/percentage of deaths from not immunising. But i'm sure there's a whole heap of people on here that disagree with my personal opinon.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Don't you only know on FTB at 18 months?
    Unless he went into Medicare and asked.

I would just get it done. In the court orders does it say you have to notify him of any medical decision? Or just major ones?

Either way when it comes to vaxx courts will more then likely side with you.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperTrooperVagiDuper View Post
    Whooping cough won't show on centrelink records as its not a scheduled immunisation. I say get him done and just don't tell him. Go to community nurse or something though not his regular doctor.

Whooping cough is a scheduled immunisation for 4 & 6mths & 4yrs-along with diptheria & tetanus. (as per National Immunisation Program Schedule)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I have a question kind of related if anyone could help...
    Can fob be waived of his right to make medical decisions on behalf of his child?

Sent from my LG-P500 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by peanuthead View Post
    I have a question kind of related if anyone could help...
    Can fob be waived of his right to make medical decisions on behalf of his child?

Sent from my LG-P500 using BubHub
    Depends is it in court orders now? If so you have to go to court.

If you are going to make court orders you can ask for him not to have those rights, and you need a reason. Buts it's up to the judge in the end.