+ Reply to Thread
    I live in NSW, on the sunny central coast!
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Has anyone's partner/support person missed your birth??

Hi all!

I am 36 weeks pregnant currently. My partner is working away every weekend for the next 3 weekends. I have a feeling bub will come before due date (due to many varied due date's been given)

It would be pretty unlucky for bub to arrive over one of those weekends..but hey, anything is possible! He couldnt be further away either...We live near Sydney and he is going WA and a further 5 hr drive from airport.

It got my thinking, has anyones partner/support person missed your birth?? How did you feel? how much did it matter in the moment? how did your DP feel?

DP would feel extremely down if he missed I think but we need the money-his doing what his to got to do

Anyone??

Thanks in advance.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    My partner was at work when I had my last baby and she came too fast and he couldn't get there in time. It was really no big deal because my mum was there and tbh labour was so intense I didn't really give a damn. It would have been nicer if he had been there for her like he was the first time.. To cut the cord etc. Instead he waltzed in when I was already showered and all lol.. It was okay really. My suggestion is to have a trusted back up person.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9100 using Tapatalk

3. The Following User Says Thank You to bumMum For This Useful Post:

MflUicM  (06-02-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    The same situation (almost) happened to us. Luckily I was overdue and convinced them to induce me on the second day off of hubby's!
    Maybe you need to call him as soon as you can confirm that you are in labour and he might make it?
    Fingers are crossed for you.
    And I hope bubs comes at a good time

I live in NSW, on the sunny central coast!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh definatly! Mum will be joining me again so I wont be alone

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I can't answer that, but I'm wondering the same thing. My DH works abroad and is scheduled to be on a rig when our due date comes so we've been wondering how other people felt about this situation also. (so many people we have mentioned this too are appalled and have made us feel bad...)

All the best for you that bub arrives on the "correct" weekend. xx

Short and sweet because I sent this from my iPhone.
    Last edited by bebehvala; 06-02-2012 at 17:45.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Mine missed DDs first birth by 12hours :-( we knew he would miss it - didn't make it any easier! Mil was in with me.
    He was there for DD2 and witnessed anything & every that happens with natural birth including a 3rd degree tear!!!

both mine were over EDD - most 1st bubs are - here's hoping your is too and you cam both share the birth memories :-)

Sent from my iPhone using Bub Hub app

Thanks
    Reviews
    my partner was due to be sent interstate for training (we are in Adel, training was in Melb) around when our DS was due, we chose to get induced before he had to leave, but we never told his work that-they thought i went into natural labour.

there was no way i was delivering our child without him being there. Can you not ask him/his work to keep him local for a couple of weeks? Syd to WA isn't really a short trek either...

Thanks
    Reviews
    I work in paeds and we had some twins born while dad was working away. He watched on Skype! I don't think he met them until they were a couple of weeks old.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Bubintummy View Post
    I work in paeds and we had some twins born while dad was working away. He watched on Skype! I don't think he met them until they were a couple of weeks old.
    Skype!! What a great idea - until you throw the laptop across the room ha ha ha ha ha

Short and sweet because I sent this from my iPhone.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I was sure that I was going to go into labour before my DF returned home from work. He was due to finish work a month before the baby was due and was going to return a month after the baby was born. For some miraculous reason he decided that he was going to fly home today (happens to be the day before my birthday) and then stay until I decided I was ready for him to return to work. I guess he worked out that he would never hear the end of it if he missed the birth.