Closed Thread
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast
    FearlessLeader is offline Winner 2013 - Most Memorable Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Deserama View Post
    Then how the frig would they know where they worked or who they were?

Has me baffled. I didn't see what happened so I I don't know what I'm talking about. Still rotton what they did though, even if they did know who she was and where she worked.
    As others have said, it's unbelievably easy to figure out that stuff. People link to their FB pics from in here, bang everyone knows your full name. Some people have even more info on their FB page, their d.o.b, where they work, who their family members are, etc. For a lot of people, a full name is all you need to find out all kinds of stuff. I recently found out where an old primary school friend works just because i googled her and there was her pic and loads of info about her in her work's newsletter.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to FearlessLeader For This Useful Post:

babycake  (06-02-2012),NancyBlackett  (06-02-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Oh I see. Linking to fb would probably do it *sigh*.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    The ease of the fb connections scares me.

I joined my dig on fb, but I created a second account with my real first name and then my user name.

If I didn't work, then I wouldn't be as concerned. I always think what if I posted a fb photo on bh, and a client saw it and then knew everything I posted on bh, while not offensive, is personal, and separate from my work life.

Was it the fb guy who said there's no such thing as privacy now? Scary.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to MsMummy For This Useful Post:

laurea  (06-02-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger - Thanks100 Posts in a week
    That's why we use photo bucket people

7. The Following User Says Thank You to delirium For This Useful Post:

tormyxxx  (06-02-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    This whole situation sucks I feel so sorry for the member this happened to. I don't use BH as much as most other members but am definitely going to be a lot more cautious when I post.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Yes but if you have an existing photo bucket account with your real name attached then it is the same thing.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I know that when people apply for a job many employers google a persons name, or even email addy. Surprising what you find if you do that. I also know that lawyers, solicitors, HR firms etc do the same.

If the Hubber had ever logged in on work time, itd be in her computer log in history.

If the employer did a thorough investigation all this stuff woul dbe easily found, especially if they ever used the work computer or wifi

My utmost sympathy to the Hubber - it's a low act of someone did screen dump and dob, but there is every possibility that it might not be another Hubber

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I was thinking about this just before...

What if it isn't someone from here? Her work would have the abilty to see a full detailed of history and what has been written/threads accessed etc on any work network.

I don't know, maybe it's just wishful thinking that someone on here didn't actually do something like that? But I would be worried that work is able to see everything done on the work computers. I mean I know there is bad stuff that can go on, like people hacking your facebook, but sending a thread to a workplace.. .

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Last edited by FloatingFairy; 06-02-2012 at 19:56.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Wow

So, obviously we DO have a trouble making b!tch amongst us.
    I hope you're proud whoever you are.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Jakois For This Useful Post:

DaddyLarge  (06-02-2012)