Closed Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    What happened now? I leave for a few hours and miss everything... As usual!

I had a stalker on here probably still do... Love you stalker xoxo u make me feel special!

But I do worry about some info written on here, like I literally have not met people here in real life but I know where they live, what their house looks like, where their kids go to school, what their names are, how much they earn, what they do/go.
    And Im not even stalking them it's just info that put out for the world to see and I happen to have a good memory. But imagine if I started digging... Not that I would or anything like that. It's just scary.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Janesmum123 For This Useful Post:

OurLittleBlessing  (06-02-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MsMummy View Post
    I have always been a bit paranoid about privacy on here. Not because of an unknown member, but more somebody I know in real life identifying me and taking note of everything I write. The thought of somebody printing out my post history and using it for some other purpose makes me quite anxious.

I think it's easy to forget it's not a private forum, and that anybody in the world can log on and view our posts.
    Yeah agreed. Hence recent username change. I also went back and deleted anything I thought might identify me.

And changed postcode etc.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Janesmum - eek stalker! Wowsers. I have a good memory too, and tend to remember little things about various members which sometimes can add up to quite a bit about their personal life! I'm totally harmless , but other people might not be.

It's so scary!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ive got a pretty good idea about the thread, but no idea what happened. The poor OP I hope she is ok.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Californication View Post
    Mods - is there any way of tracking who it was and doing something about it?
    What can they do? People post on a public forum, they can't stop public information from being shared and passed around.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Some people are just jerks.

A little while back, a member had innocently posted a fair amount of info that made them identifiable. I sent them a PM to let them know. They were extremely grateful and removed a lot of their personal stuff.

I couldn't imagine using stuff of a Parenting Forum to upset someone's life.... Seriously, you would have yo be pretty pathetic to do that.

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Jakois For This Useful Post:

Benji  (07-02-2012),Californication  (06-02-2012),FloatingFairy  (06-02-2012),laurea  (06-02-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Bell & Bug View Post
    What can they do? People post on a public forum, they can't stop public information from being shared and passed around.
    Would be nice for the member to know who has destroyed her life so she has the option to remove that person from her life.

10. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to share a book For This Useful Post:

Atlantic Puffin  (06-02-2012),Benji  (07-02-2012),Berrie  (06-02-2012),FloatingFairy  (06-02-2012),laurea  (06-02-2012),MissMuppet  (06-02-2012),RunningWithScissors  (06-02-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by OurLittleBlessing View Post
    Janesmum - eek stalker! Wowsers. I have a good memory too, and tend to remember little things about various members which sometimes can add up to quite a bit about their personal life! I'm totally harmless , but other people might not be.

It's so scary!
    Yea that's the thing it's just information that's given freely. Imagine if you had bad intentions. It's just so easy and open invite into people's lives.

I must admit I have to also be more careful.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I agree. If you can open your big mouth about something, then at least have the courage to own up to it instead of being a coward and hiding behind a computer screen.

13. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to RunningWithScissors For This Useful Post:

Alexander Beetle  (06-02-2012),Atlantic Puffin  (06-02-2012),Californication  (06-02-2012),laurea  (06-02-2012),MoonGecko  (06-02-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    The only thing I can imagine (in the case of that thread) was that the person who did it knew her/ was connected to her or her company IRL. If they were connected to the company then that may make sense (as much as it sucks), as most companies have social media policies which explicitly refer to use of things like blogs and forums when talking about the company.

If it was just a random stranger then that's really weird... I guess there are weirdos out there, but it's not nice to feel that they are that close to you.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Guest654 For This Useful Post:

Buttoneska  (06-02-2012)