Closed Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    bellalika is offline I'm trying my hardest, please don't ask for more.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I've over shared too much. I really need to stop. I'm curious who had what used against them but I guess I will remain unaware. Hope the fall out wasn't too bad for them.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    People forget this is a public forum, so what you post on here is everyone's business. It's easy to forget as sometimes it feel so sacred and private, but then something happens to kick you back to reality.

3. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Guest1234 For This Useful Post:

Californication  (06-02-2012),Chocolate All Gone Now  (06-02-2012),laurea  (06-02-2012),NancyBlackett  (06-02-2012),OurLittleBlessing  (06-02-2012),Stiflers Mom  (06-02-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    It is easy to forget this is a public forum, i will definitely be more careful with what i post from now on.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have always been a bit paranoid about privacy on here. Not because of an unknown member, but more somebody I know in real life identifying me and taking note of everything I write. The thought of somebody printing out my post history and using it for some other purpose makes me quite anxious.

I think it's easy to forget it's not a private forum, and that anybody in the world can log on and view our posts.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Yes, it is a public forum but that does not give so,someone the right to do what was done to this particular member.

Me + He = DD1 (2007), DD2 (2010) & BellyBaby due August 2012
    Angel Baby 1 (July 2008) & Angel Baby 2 (October 2011)

7. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to SheWarrior For This Useful Post:

Buttoneska  (06-02-2012),Californication  (06-02-2012),FloatingFairy  (06-02-2012),MoonGecko  (06-02-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Vile little low life scum do things like that. A reminder to watch the information posted on here.

9. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to share a book For This Useful Post:

Benji  (07-02-2012),laurea  (06-02-2012),MissMuppet  (06-02-2012),RunningWithScissors  (06-02-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    When I first joined I was reaaalllly paranoid about what I shared, but over time it's easy to get more lax.

This whole thing freaks me out really. Of course, we all know it's a public forum, totally googleable etc, but it's easy to forget.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I don't know what incident the OP is referring to, but just genetically speaking-- people need to understand that the Internet is a public place, and anything you post is available to anybody, at any time.....it may not seem "fair", but by the same token, that's just how it is......the same rules apply here as they do in real life -- if you don't want people to know about it, then don't tell people to begin with......

Sorry if that sounds harsh, I'm not making a comment on what may have happened to someone, but that's just the reality of it in my opinion...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I'm tempted to change my username (I use it everywhere, it's a teenage nickname), change my avatar to something that's not my face, and delete my sig. I don't post anything that I think could ever be used against me, but you never know

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by MsMummy View Post
    I have always been a bit paranoid about privacy on here. Not because of an unknown member, but more somebody I know in real life identifying me and taking note of everything I write. The thought of somebody printing out my post history and using it for some other purpose makes me quite anxious.

I think it's easy to forget it's not a private forum, and that anybody in the world can log on and view our posts.
    Me too. But I feel like I want to go and read all my posts now as little by little I know I have relaxed in here and if someone really wanted to identify you, they probably could. That's one reason I don't have a sig with our details in it, and try to be a bit vague about specifics when venting about family on here etc.

I mean, I don't identify which country town I live in, but if you go to members pages, their post code is there for all to see which would help someone track you down surely? I only realised that the other day and have been meaning to go and delete mine. Going to go and do it now while I'm thinking of it.

But I don't feel safe here anymore after this. I just don't get why someone would set out to ruin someone else's life like that. I was shocked and angry when I read what had happened, but now I just feel sad, flat and sickened.

Mods - is there any way of tracking who it was and doing something about it?

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Californication For This Useful Post:

laurea  (06-02-2012),OurLittleBlessing  (06-02-2012)