+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Double post removed

Thanks
    Reviews
    My little girl is exactly as you described yours MunchkinsMum1. She slept well th 1st month or so and since has been catnapping during the day. She goes to sleep around 9 now and wakes bout 3 for a feed and again at 6 and is finally fully awake at 8am. During the day she'll have a number of naps usually lasting 1 hr max and her happy awake time lasts thatt long as well. I guess we have no choice but to cater to their needs. Im glad that she sleeps well during the night cos I dnt know how Id cope otherwise. I tried letting her cry to sleep and was mostly successful but I couldn't listen to her cry anymore since she's only 3 mnths old. Its good having a strong support system. My mum is the best she usually comes over to help look after her if i have to cook or clean. The joys of motherhood, I love em, I love em, I love em.

Thanks
    Reviews
    DS started having 40 min naps during the day at 8 weeks and has only now started to have longer naps and he is 4.5 months old. I drove myself crazy trying to resettle him, I would time him and sneak in the room and wait for him to stir and start patting, I would usually give up after 15 mins and get him up. It worked about 1/2 the time. Good news tho he now has two 1.5-2hour sleeps and 1 nap a day, usually today he has had 3, 45 min ones! After not having catnapped for a week! I think they just like to keep us on our toes.

Thanks
    Reviews
    My DD was a chronic catnapper too from about 8wks. I tried everything under the sun for about 2 months to extend the catnap sleep and 95% of the time it failed miserably.

At about the 4mth mark I gave up and also just accepted my little catnapper and that was the best thing I ever did!! I relaxed, she relaxed, my husband relaxed and our whole little family was much happier for it. I started to enjoy DD so much more versus constantly obsessing about her sleep.

Yes my DD continued to catnap up until about 8mths but then through some miracle she just snapped out of it completely and started sleeping longer for her day sleeps! She's been a long day sleeper since then

I had read it can happen at some stage but after experiencing the trials & tribulations of a cat napper for 6mths I was still stunned when it did actually happen & she just started sleeping past that 40min mark without a problem!!

Hang in there There is light at the end of the tunnel! Your method of taking it day by day and enjoying your precious bub is great. All the best.