+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    6m old here with no routine she calls the shots

Subscribing

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Ne'er had one!!

Always allowed kids to find their own natural rhythm!!

Are you worried about how much sleep/food etc he is having!???

Set Routines are not needed!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks ladies! I was just wondering as I bumped into one of my mothers group mums and she mentioned that she had her baby into a routine and seemed surprised when I said that we don't have one, just work the day from when whenever DS wakes.

Definitely don't want any stress around here and he is a fairly good sleeper. He use to have to be fed to sleep but now will fall asleep by himself.

Thanks for all the advice and will just go on the way we are.

Btw... The area health clinic I went to said that the save our sleep book was no good and only certain babies would work to the schedules.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    DS is in bed by 7pm every night and up at 7-8am. He takes a nap every 2 hours as well. I pop him down for a nap when I see his tired signs which is every two hours.

Thanks
    Reviews
    In the begining we never had a routine for the day, that didnt work for us, so I implimented a flexible day routine, but i was always strict with the evening routine from day dot. This worked for us, and even now at 19 months we still follow the evening routine. But do what works for you

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkCherry View Post
    tired signs
    Thats the way it should be done, not its .. o'clock you will sleep

7. The Following User Says Thank You to ohdear For This Useful Post:

elleandsam  (07-02-2012)

Witwicky is offline A closed mouth gathers no foot.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    We just go with the flow

Witwicky is offline A closed mouth gathers no foot.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by BubbaGump View Post

Btw... The area health clinic I went to said that the save our sleep book was no good and only certain babies would work to the schedules.
    Your health clinic is definitely not alone with that opinion...

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Witwicky For This Useful Post:

elleandsam  (07-02-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi,
    With DS I was beside myself for the first 6 months because we had no routine and it drove me nuts! Eventually once he started solids he some how put himself into a routine just after 6 months. I think he napped approx 9am-10.30/11am, another nap around 1-2.30/3pm and then a final shorter nap around 5-6pm and then bed at 7.30/8pm. Something like that, it was 2 yrs ago now!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by singa06 View Post
    Hi,
    With DS I was beside myself for the first 6 months because we had no routine and it drove me nuts! Eventually once he started solids he some how put himself into a routine just after 6 months. I think he napped approx 9am-10.30/11am, another nap around 1-2.30/3pm and then a final shorter nap around 5-6pm and then bed at 7.30/8pm. Something like that, it was 2 yrs ago now!!
    Yep this sounds like my DS 6 months almost exactly..lol. He wakes about 7-7:30 am... although school mornings Im having to wake him at 7 just to do the school run and get hubby to work on time as his car is out of commission atm. But generally the above is our routine too which he sorted out for himself. Sometimes I wonder if we still need that short nap in the early evening and have tried going without it... but often it becomes a nightmare so we're sticking with it for the time being.