+ Reply to Thread
    loop is offline Two kiddos keeping me on my toes :-)
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Loss of plug at 36 weeks

So I'm 36 weeks today, and in the loo I saw what I would guess was a part of my plug. That's a bit early isnt it? Mostly I read about loss of plug up to 1-2 weeks before labour starts.
    I also feel a bit nauseous and had loose bowels (which I had with DS when he was born) Ok, that can all be because of something else, and that plug could have just been some normal pregnancy discharge right?
    I have been quite restless and nesting lots. BH contractions have been regular in the evenings, getting stronger every day. Today I feel lots of niggles and bubs is super active, turning every which way and really stretching in there.
    Please tell me she is not on her way yet? What would happen if she were born at 36 weeks

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    My bub was a 36 weeker. They checked her over in the room with me and handed her back. She never left my side. The only reason we were in for 5 days was because I got sick (high temps over 40, delirious) on day 3 so they said to stay in.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to share a book For This Useful Post:

loop  (06-02-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Your plug can 'regenerate'. So loosing part of it may not mean anything.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Sevven For This Useful Post:

loop  (06-02-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    With DD2 I lost plug from 32 onwards. I had her at 36+1 after my waters broke spontaneously.
    She was fine when she was born, able to breastfeed and breathe fine, weighed 6 pounds 15 ounces. We went home on day two but were back the next day as she was to tired to feed and was just really drowsy. She then had 2 days under lights for jaundice and being tube fed. She then spent another 8 days in SCN being tube feed as she was just to tired and drowsy to feed properly and would lose weight every time we went to suck feeds.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to TableDancer For This Useful Post:

loop  (06-02-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    So I'm 36 weeks today, and in the loo I saw what I would guess was a part of my plug. That's a bit early isnt it?
    I lost my plug way earlier than that but my doctor advises me that it renews itself and doesn't mean you're going to go into labour. Also, vaginal discharge is often mistaken for a plug, particularly leucorrhoea so what is often thought to be a plug is vaginal discharge.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Caviar For This Useful Post:

loop  (06-02-2012)

loop is offline Two kiddos keeping me on my toes :-)
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks ladies, very reassuring! I didnt think about the plug regenerating, plus of course as caviar said it might just be discharge...
    share a book and evaandollie, I guess you never really know how a 36week baby does when its born, do you... I am glad though I am this far, so that if she does come sometime soon there seems to be a good chance she will be ok. Still, seems best to hang in there another couple of weeks