View Poll Results: Drop-side cot or rigid?

Voters
14. You may not vote on this poll
  • Drop-side

13 92.86%
  • Rigid

1 7.14%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by proudmumma86 View Post
    I have a leaf seed cot and it doesn't have a drop side
    I have this same cot and love it. We deliberately went for a fixed side as I didn't want the worry of 'what if' we forgot to put the sides up... My niece fell out of her cot because of this and did some serious damage, so it's an issue I'm hyper sensitive too. I've never had an issue with not being able to reach bubs, sheets, mattress etc, but each to their own...

Thanks
    Reviews
    I agree with another ppters, it depends on how the cot is put together in regards to the drop side and also there were mainly reported problems in America, I fretted so much over buying a drop sided cot especially the one hand operation ones but DH convinced me to get one.
    Anyhow once I read your thread I thought I'd better reply and say I have been dealing with Tasman Eco for about a week now as it appears DS cot (Capri) has a bow in one of the head boards, they have been amazing to deal with, they are working really hard to solve the issues, I had someone out looking at the cot ASAP who gave it a good service etc. I highly recommend them.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    We also got out cot from Babys R Us and it doesn't have a drop side, I was annoyed at first but have gotten used to it now, I like that there is no risk there.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to RobinSparkles For This Useful Post:

Lovemyfam  (08-02-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Wonky Donkey View Post
    How would you even make a cot (sheets etc?) on the lowest setting let alone get a young baby out?

Seriously, how do they do it in the US?

My baby is older now but trying to lie her down when she is sleepy is impossible with the side up.
    Exactly! When I was pregnant with dd and working making cots in the afternoon was hell lol my belly could nearly reach over the side with it down on the low settings and I'm tall and had a relative small bump. I used to say every afternoon that I'd get dd into the toddler bed before being heavy pregnant lol. We took the side off cot for dd when I was 12 weeks

Thanks
    Reviews
    I had no idea drop sides were not good? We just bought our second one for our August baby to be

Thanks
    Reviews
    We have a boori cot with a drop side, I am pretty average hight (5'6'') and I never use it. When DS was newborn we had the base up higher, we lowered it when he could sit up. Putting the side up and down on our cot is too noisy to do while DS is asleep anyway, it would wake him up

Thanks
    Reviews
    We have a boori cot too, DD was in it from about 4 months.
    It has a drop side but I never use it, it's a bit hard to put up and down.
    I'm 5'2 and it's no issues with the side up at all times.
    Mum has a target white cot and I struggle a bit with that one but never enough to actually drop the side.