+ Reply to Thread

Default Advice re PCOS please ladies!

Hello all! apologies for the long post..

I am 90% sure that I have PCOS. I am overweight, my cycle is completely out of wack (period every two months give or take), i have unwanted hair (especially on my chin, my boobs and on my belly, thick black disgusting hair)

I went to the docs to get it checked out back in May 09 and he sent me for an ultrasound, and at the ultrasound there was a little baby in there

they checked out my ovaries and found that indeed there was one ovary which had growths on them and the other one was fine.

We are TTC #2 and i'm beginning to become a little disheartened. I will be going to the docs to shed some light on the situation. I have started the whole exercising/eating right and have lost 7 kilos. Would the doctor consider prescribing me anything to get my cycles regular/help us TTC?

Thankyou for being so patient and reading!

Yes, I have/had the same symptoms as you. My doctor prescribed clomid (for ovulation) and provera (to bring on AF when it didnt come). My cycles were 40 days (minimum) to 120 days to even 200+ days once. On my first cycle with clomid, it was 36 days long (shortest cycle in years) and I got AF on its own. I think that if I didnt get pregnant the next cycle, the clomid and provera would have helped with my cycles and I would have become pregnant over time. I truly believe that even though I wasnt using clomid in the cycle I got pregnant, the clomid and provera in the cycle before helped with my hormones and it was the push my body needed to get pregnant.

There are other vitamins and drugs that do other things but I dont have any experience with them.

Good luck, and baby dust

Edited to add: when I say my doctor, I mean my gynecologist. The GP gave me the referral, and then multiple appointments and tests with the gynecologist, I got the clomid. :-)
    Last edited by LoveHeart; 05-02-2012 at 21:25.

Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Wow cool about your first LO

Same symptoms (I detest the snail trail I don't have any cool bare belly shots of dd )
    My gp gave me a referral to fs and I didn't need to wait 12 months of TTC and I was 21 because I had a diagnosed fertility problem. I was prescribed clomid and metformin initially and eventually moved on to iui

How ever all 3 of my pregnancies were conceived naturally

Good luck hope you get a BFP soon :babydust:

Mrs Molly Coddle is offline I've admitted in writing that veve is awesome - eeek she has proof!!!
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Your doctor should definitely be able to help you with something. I am very lucky and never needed help to get pregnant, but I found metformin useful for weight loss. Try your GP first and go from there.
    Also, if you want to consider an alternative treatment, I've heard great things from women with PCOS who have seen naturopaths!
    All the best