+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Sheds in rental properties?

Hi,

Wondering if anyone can tell me whether we'd be able to put a shed up in the backyard of our rental?

I'm not able to look at the lease right now and wondering if anyone knows. I didn't even think we had to consider it as it's not a fixed structure, but DP seems to think we might not be allowed?

I realllly hope we can as it would turn our place from bearable space-wise to perfect!

Thanks
    Reviews
    i would check it with your agent/owner just to be sure. As far as i can remember
    as long as it's not being connected to the house, a permanent structure ie: concrete flooring etc, then it's ok to erect a free standing shed.

would definitely check with ur agent though-hate to buy one, put it up for them to crack it at you or worse fine you.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to TrentsMummy For This Useful Post:

GreenMama  (05-02-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    You can buy those transportable sheds that kind of just fold open... Can't see why you wouldn't be able to as, it wouldn't be a fixed building, readily dissembled and taken with you when you leave. Of course if you need to dig up lawn or something, or knock out plants/trees to put it in level then you'd have to get permission.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Hannahly For This Useful Post:

GreenMama  (05-02-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    That's what I thought, definitely going to ask the real estate but we just thought of the idea and I got so excited I thought I'd ask!

We wouldn't be modifying anything at all, we don't have any grass so it would be going straight onto concrete and would definitely be one that we can take with us when we move on.

Fingers crossed, it would seriously solve our space issues!

Opinionated is offline Winner 2009 - Best Avatar
    You know you love me.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    We bought a shipping container. Much easier to lock up than a shed and when it comes time to move, we call the truck company that dropped it off for us and they will move it. We can even use it in our move by packing some of our belongings in it. Yes, it is about twice the price, or a little more, but if you have ever dismantled a shed and re-erected it in a new place and learned that they never are the same again, you may understand the value of it.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Opinionated For This Useful Post:

GreenMama  (05-02-2012)