+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default What happens if the X won't agree to a property settlement?

How does this get settled if he won't agree to anything. He refuses to contact a solicitor, he won't respond to letters my solicitor sends. He has refused my offers and he won't say what he actually wants. The stupid thing is that there really isn't that much money to squabble over and if it wasn't for the fact that I have been left with our 5 children (under the age of 10) to support then I would let him have the lot and be done with it! But ... his piddling $127 a week of child support doesn't even pay for the groceries and he barely sees them now as we have moved (trying to make a better life for me and the kids by moving where we have more family support) 2 hours away. In the last 3 months he has seen them twice. He blames not having a car that fits everyone in and that is what he is holding out for I think. Enough money to buy a flash 4WD but with only a small pool of money it wouldn't happen even if he did get the lot and he just doesn't seem to be able to understand that the kids need things like books for school and clothes and food and day care ( I work casual 2-3 days a week) and a couple of nice things like being able to have an after school activity for the older two and then medical and dental expenses. How do I get him to understand?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    If he refuses to negotiate file an application in the Family Court and it will make decision. Use a community legal centre so that your costs of litigation are low.