+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts

Default Is it possible to help baby engage?... help :(

Or at least turn head down?!

This bubba is KILLING ME. She is always lying straight across my belly its so uncomfortable and I have sciatica and SPD so I already have my fair share of pain right now

Is there anything you can do to help bub engage/turn?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Ohhh those things hurt so much but I'll give them a try. I bet I'll have this naughty baby who just never engages waaaaaaah!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    omg nooo.. why would you want her to engage with spd. I dreaded that with the girls. It hurt so bad having a baby sitting on my wonky pelvis!

But yeah, otherwise the things vagiduper has said are the ones I know of.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by TinyLittleTootsies View Post
    omg nooo.. why would you want her to engage with spd. I dreaded that with the girls. It hurt so bad having a baby sitting on my wonky pelvis!

But yeah, otherwise the things vagiduper has said are the ones I know of.
    I know! Its like the lesser of 2 evils for me though, I'd rather the horrible SPD than the constant feeling that I cannot move.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    When I needed DD2 to engage I sat on the edge of my bed and bounced. For hours. She did end up going down and it was do much better. It took about four days where I spent up to three hours just bouncing. I was desperate.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Check out Pregnancy Exercise on FB.
    They have video on how you can turn baby. All the best!

Sent from my iPhone using Bub Hub app

headoverfeet is offline The truth will set you free, but first it will **** you off. -Gloria Steinem
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Chiro, please try it!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Absolutely sit on a fit ball. Not even bouncing, necessarily. It just gives you the perfect posture (so I'm told). It's important not to slump at all.
    That and being on all fours as much as I could stand helped turn bub at 38 weeks when the doctors said it was unlikely she would turn being so late. But she still turned back out a few times. She was a stubborn little thing, even then.

SpecialPatrolGroup is offline T-rex is cranky until she gets her coffee.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I would combine all fours or fitball for turning, and also walking up and down stair sideways (a midwife at a young mums group that I used to run always recommended this), mainly for engaging.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Thermolicious View Post
    Chiro, please try it!
    Oh M, I know, our good mutual friend has told me the same thing but you know how hard it is to go anywhere like that with 2 kids in your care 99.99% of the time DH is not home in time for me to go and when he is its sudden so I don't have time to make an appointment. I am going to ask the doc for a support belt when I go on Tuesday.

Thanks for the tips everyone, I will try them all haha. This fat little baby is going to be a real diva I can tell already.