+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Newly single. 2 kiddies and one on the way.

Hi, I am newly single. DP.... ExDP now moved out last weekend. This was a mutual breakup ( kind of) and I must admit I am still in total shock that all of this is happening!!
    I am hopeful for a reunion between us at some time in the future. But that could just be my hormones ruling me at the moment.
    I am making a claim for parenting payment and was just wanting to ask some questions about child support.
    Ok so here goes : I think we will have a private agreement, but I don't know how this works?? Do I just inform CSA of our decision?? And also how much is a reasonable amount to ask for?? DS is 6 and DD is 4.

Sent from my iPhone using Bub Hub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Im sorry to hear about the split. Once you apply for single parenting from Centrelink they will give you a 90 day window to register with CSA. CSA will assess the case using both yours and his income and how often you each have the kids. They will then send you both am assessment with the amount that needs to be paid. If you are still on speaking terms CSA will encourage a private arrangement in which he would give you the money however it is easiest for you to do so. If he should stop paying you can request them to collect the money on your behalf. They can only recoup three months prior so if non payment is an issue make sure you let them know within three months otherwise its money lost. Once you have sorted CSA theyll let Centrelink know how much you are receiving and Centrelink will adjust your FTB accordingly. Ive just been through all of this!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks, I have my appoint with c'link on Wednesday and was hoping I didn't have to have all this sorted by then!! As I have no idea what I am doing. We are on speaking terms as we didn't have a 'nasty' break up so hopefully we can sort out something reasonable.
    I am feeling a little overwhelmed by everything atm.
    Thanks for your help

Sent from my iPhone using Bub Hub