+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by kw123 View Post
    I have a make from scratch one I'll send you (I.e it doesn't use GF flour but a combination of different types of flours). If you do prefer to just use GF flour though I always add some xanatham gum as it increase elasticity, which is basically what gluten does, and is why it comes out so crumbly!!
    Oh yes please - I'd love the recipe!!! I did wonder if potato starch might give it some elasticity too?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Never done GF puff pastry from scratch - I could do rough puff at a push but thats it!

Here is a link to a site I use - I am hoping it doesn't get removed like some of my other links - I don't know the rules around it

http://glutenfreegoddess.blogspot.co...-tips-for.html

I basically have tons of different flours (coconut, potato, rice, chickpea, buckwheat, etc) and mix and match. Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. I am huge lover of making and eating pies, as is DH, so making pastry was really important to me. We have the added issue of him being dairy free so no butter! I have had to get a bit creative, and using suet loads of times for savoury pastry.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have used a Maggie Beer recipe for my coeliac dad. It's the one on the Cook and the Chef website using cream cheese. I have only ever tried it with Ogran flour and I made an apricot pie, so added a little sugar. It is sticky so make sure you roll it out between some multibake paper or similar. Good luck!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    With quiche you could try an 'all in one' recipe that adds SR flour into the egg mixture and actually gets a bit of a crust.

I have also made gozleme with GF flour which has natural yoghurt in the mixture and it worked really well - a yummy and easy alternative to pie and you can fill it with lots of different things. I made spinach and feta.

I have no idea how to link on my phone but I just googled recipes for both.

It is really hard sometimes to make 'normal' meals!

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Recipes?

Found a Coles that sells the GF pastry - turned out ok, but what a weird smell as it cooks! Went a bit hard so nay cook it a bit less next time. But made a YUMMY vanilla slice!!!

Next mission - to find a delicious recipe using quinoa...any suggestions?

Or has anyone found or invented a winner of a GF recipe???

Thanks

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Bahjees

BTW - if you're missing spicy food, I also found a recipe for really delicious spicy zucchini & carrot bahjees. They were so good served with sone natural yoghurt and mango chutney!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Js Mum View Post
    Found a Coles that sells the GF pastry - turned out ok, but what a weird smell as it cooks! Went a bit hard so nay cook it a bit less next time. But made a YUMMY vanilla slice!!!

Next mission - to find a delicious recipe using quinoa...any suggestions?

Or has anyone found or invented a winner of a GF recipe???

Thanks
    You can make biscuits or slices using quinoa.

We are having spinach and pumpkin rissotto, but also chickpea curry and pumpkin & lentil soup, vege stew, heaps of things are naturally gf.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Try the Good Chef Bad Chef website...delicious quinoa recipes.