+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default I want $20 a week child support

That's all, just $20 a week. This term dd has no out of school activities. For the first time, there is no swimming, no music, no gymnastics, no afl. Normally she would do swimming and music all year, and depending on time and money sometimes another activity as well.

Not this term! I have no extra money for it, but if I had $20 a week, dd could do swimming, music, even AFL Auskick like she wants.

It really does not seem like an unfair amount, or for a wasteful reason. I think he should have to pay it since he planted her in me to start with.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Are there any free or low cost community activities she could do instead?

I know there are some free sessions are libraries etc? Or maybe you could just do the things you want with her - like go to the pool once a week/fortnight? Even invite her friends along - get a group happening?

I know that's probably not the answers you were seeking. I am also owed a low of child support and I know FOB is working cash-in-hand and not paying us a cent. But you can't draw blood from a stone. And in my personal case, as long as he stays the hell away from us, he can keep his $40 a fortnight.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Is there any way you can get that happening? It is a tiny amount of money. Sorry, I don't know anything about child support (DP has a private agreement with DSD's grandparents) but I just really hope you are able to receive this, I know how much it bothered my mum when she couldn't afford swimming and art class (more than it bothered me I think!).

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Is there anyway you can ring him and just straight out ask him for it?

Thanks
    Reviews
    No it's absolutely impossible. He would like for dd to completely disappear and does all he can to not have to pay. He was paying $2.18/week as per assessment, but now pays nothing, as per assessment.

All community activities are in school hours.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ah yes! I didn't think of that, sorry! I am not used to thinking like the mum of a primary school kid yet!

Is there any programs run through the school?

Im trying to think of other ways around it, but I am pretty stumped at the moment. FWIW, I cant afford for my kids to do swimmng lessons (or other extra activities, but I would love for them to do swimming though) and i know it sucks

ETA: Im sorry my memory isnt great - but did you say DD had some contact with his family? Any chance grandparents could possibly fund an extra curricular activity?
    Last edited by ComeBackKid; 05-02-2012 at 16:52.

Thanks
    Reviews
    We had contact with one sister, met his brother once when we were in town for the 6w check, and met his mother once a few years ago but his father refused to meet her and his mother was nasty, threw a $f note at her and said to never make contact again (she had just turned 5) and his sister withdrew contact at that time for her own safety. My dd is now nearly 9.

Thanks
    Reviews
    the child support system sucks ****!!! im supposed to get $31.92 a month but hardly ever see it!!! my DD''s sperm donor as we call him is very asset rich but all we are entitled to is the minimum amount. once upon a time we used to get $150mth which did make a big difference.

I don''t think $20 week is unreasonable either.

Thanks
    Reviews
    You could try for a change of assessment but even if you win, it doesnt mean he will pay it.

Will the school do some sort of payment plan with you?

Thanks
    Reviews
    It sucks you can't get the extra $20! Some things aren't fair. Hugs!