+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Flood Victim

Hi everybody,

Im after some advice from you all!

I live in Moree and as you've probably seen in the news we've had a bit of flooding over the past few days. As the cleanuo starts we've found out some friends of ours who have a 4month old have lost everything.

We caught up with them last night for a BBQ and she was in tears for most of it and is obviously very upset. Good news is they think that insurance will cover most of it, but I was wanting to put together a basket of things for them just to cheer them up a little.

Problem is I am completely stuck as to what to include?? They are in a motel atm, so meals and things would be hard because they can't freeze anything.

Maybe like some homemade cake/slice? I cant imagine being in their situation with such a young bubba, and I'm really unsure of anything that might actually make any difference to them!

Any suggestions would be greatly appriciated!

Thanks!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    How about baby supplies and maybe some vouchers for basic clothing ie; underwear, socks etc.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Emmi For This Useful Post:

kezanazz  (09-02-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Choccies, cake/slice, nappies and wipes for bub, a little outfit for bub, towels/washers, shampoo/conditioner and soaps, magazines, some make up for her, razor/shaving gel and aftershave for him, perfume... Will keep thinking! Big hugs to them and you for what you're going through - I hate watching the news at night ATM... You are an amazing friend.

A.
    xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Some ideas are: an outfit or two, baby blanket, some magazines for them to read to take their mind off it, a voucher to a shop for things like socks and undies, medicine like panadol or bandaids. Food wise maybe biscuts or muffins something that doesnt need cooking etc. Just a few things I could think of! Think it's a great idea.

Sent from my iPad so pardon the errors!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Do they have a portacot and pram for bub - could someone lend them one if not? Also maybe a night out to dinner all paid for.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey...

I lost my little man before he was born and I have a heap of brand new baby clothes that are sitting here. If this could help please pm me an address and I will post them up xox

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Probably clothes, vouchers for k mart, a fruit basket from a greengrocer, fuel cards so they can free up some money.

Thanks
    Reviews
    My friends have lost everything too :-( it sucks. I take it you are alright though?
    Last edited by lovemybabies!; 05-02-2012 at 14:13.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Woody1982 View Post
    Hey...

I lost my little man before he was born and I have a heap of brand new baby clothes that are sitting here. If this could help please pm me an address and I will post them up xox
    So sorry to hear that! Thankyou for that generous offer, but I've since found out they had manged to save 90% of bubs stuff as priority. They are calling for donations of this sort of thing through the salvos. If you wanted to get in contact with them about it, or you could send them to me and I could pass them on on your behalf?
    Totally up to you, but again thankyou for the generous offer x

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by lovemybabies! View Post
    My friends have lost everything too :-( it sucks. I take it you are alright though?
    Yeah we are fine. We're on north side but in the little pocket that didn't get hit luckily. The road between you and moree is shut off for at least a week!