+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Not my loss!

So after fighting me for extra time and me finally giving in and agreeing to an extra day, FOB has not turned up today. The agreement was 9-5 this Sunday and he knew this, I had told him verbally and in writing. I haven't heard a peep and he hasn't answered the voice mail I left round ten this morning. It makes me to angry because it is not fair on DS. And after this he will still expect to have him next weekend as per usual.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    =( *hugs* it sucks when the kids are old enough to understand and then what is ment to happen doesn't =( my sisters ex does this all the time, your son will learn not to count on it sadly (my sisters eldest is 9 and he takes what his father says with a grain of salt but the younger kids believe him still which makes them sad)

Thanks
    Reviews
    yikes that sounds horribly familiar.. my ex fought and fought for specific days (tue & fri night 3-6 and sunday all day) but has yet.. after 2 years.. even done an agreed time/day. Even today he swapped sat for sun and turned up 1 hour late.. should be please he turned up at all but a lot of the time he doesn't show.. we get a text 20 min before if we're lucky.. no excuses just 'I'm not coming'.. my oldest is seriously fed up with him.. I've begged and pleaded with ex to keep his relationship with the children etc. but it just falls on deaf ears. he knows he's a crap dad and doesn't even deny it.

my mother put it really well when I complain that he wanted specific times etc and fought and fought (we nearly went to court) about visitation among other things.. she says 'it's a form of control over you' and also she believes it makes he 'feel' like he's a good father - lots of talk, little action.

men are jerks.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yep Murrythecat i agree. I think if you let them have the visitation they were fighting for when it's about control those kind of men don't actually end up being that interested

5. The Following User Says Thank You to laurea For This Useful Post:

Stiflers Mom  (05-02-2012)