+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I have also recently jumped the mcn wagon. We use my little ripple. It's good for us as we only use cloth during the day. The absorbency increases after a few washes. We have 20 shells and 30 inserts as the inserts take longer to dry and means we can rotate them better.

Best to get them all in one colour so that it's easier to wash. I have them all in white.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Snaps or velcro? Thinking long term but I guess I can always replace velcro but snaps will be more durable anyway?
    Snaps are best velcro they can undo and you have to deal with cleaning it out

Do I want bamboo inserts for a pocket nappy or is microfleece ok to start with?
    You can start with Microfleece but bamboo is great and much thinner and more absorbent, another option is prefolds they can be found cheap and also can be used as diapers themselves with really cute covers or under knitted wool pants and shorts very cute look.

Can anyone recommend a good ebay brand? DS is tall and skinny, not a particularly heavy wetter. A disposable would last 4 hours at least but I usually change around then anyway.

If you are looking for a cheap start you can get some prefolds (dont do gerber brand) and some fleece shorts/pants ( any will work I use to get her play ones at target) then if you want to splurge (it can be addicting do careful lol) you can change to wool covers. Here are some pics of my now 5 year old in her wool it is so addicting for many so be careful but so fun.....

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by jonnysmama View Post
    Oh, found the nappies.
    How often do you find microfibre ones need to be changed?

Sent from my GT-I9000 using BubHub
    Every 2-3 hrs probably, depends on your son.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Izzys Mummy View Post
    I have also recently jumped the mcn wagon. We use my little ripple. It's good for us as we only use cloth during the day. The absorbency increases after a few washes. We have 20 shells and 30 inserts as the inserts take longer to dry and means we can rotate them better.

Best to get them all in one colour so that it's easier to wash. I have them all in white.
    Izzys mummy I can honestly say I have never separated my PUL pockets into whites and colours and never had a problem even when hot washing. Actually it never occurred to me, lol! I'm hopeless with laundry!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    With my little ripples they advise you to wash colours separately in case they run. That's why I only bought white ones.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Izzys Mummy View Post
    With my little ripples they advise you to wash colours separately in case they run. That's why I only bought white ones.
    Ah ok
    Gosh those my little ripples are a great price! Wish they were around when I started out!

Witwicky is offline A closed mouth gathers no foot.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    I prefer bamboo inserts, as I find they are a lot more absorbent.

I prefer velcro a million times more than snaps. In fact, I despise snaps! My son pulls snaps off just as easily as velcro, the only difference to me is that velcro are easier to put on a fidgety baby. Velcro does look rattier over the long term compared to snaps, but for two years of easier nappy changes, I don't care!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Witwicky View Post
    I prefer bamboo inserts, as I find they are a lot more absorbent.

I prefer velcro a million times more than snaps. In fact, I despise snaps! My son pulls snaps off just as easily as velcro, the only difference to me is that velcro are easier to put on a fidgety baby. Velcro does look rattier over the long term compared to snaps, but for two years of easier nappy changes, I don't care!
    I had a friend that put her diapers on backwards to prevent your baby from taking velcro off lol

Witwicky is offline A closed mouth gathers no foot.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Lovemyfam View Post
    I had a friend that put her diapers on backwards to prevent your baby from taking velcro off lol
    Well that's quite creative haha. I must be the only person with a baby who undoes snaps?! He leaves Velcro alone but loves unclicking the snaps.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Witwicky View Post
    Well that's quite creative haha. I must be the only person with a baby who undoes snaps?! He leaves Velcro alone but loves unclicking the snaps.
    More fun i guess lol you would think the velcro would be great fun because of the noise