+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I pretty much weigh exactly the same as you OP. I was 70kgs when I fell pregnant with DS. I stopped weighing myself at 34 weeks when I'd cracked the 30kgs. I was unfit, barely moved, had a sedentary job and ate what I wanted when I wanted.

This time round I started at 74kgs and at 20 weeks have put on 4.5kgs which is spot on average and is leading to an overall weight gain of around 14kgs. I'm a stay at home mum now so no sitting at a desk. I also am not having a cheeseburger meal as a snack 5 times a week (as per #1), nor am I drinking a large choc Big M or choc milkshake most days of the week (also as per #1). I eat every couple of hours and make sure I'm eating "good" stuff. Cereal or toast with avo for breakfast, fruit, nuts or full fat yoghurt for snacks (I find full fat yoghurt satiates me more than low fat), a sandwich or roll with whatever I feel like for lunch, and a smaller portion size of whatever we have for dinner. I'm trying to stick to around 1700-1800 calories per day. For me that means I'm rarely hungry, filling up on good stuff and eating small portions more often.

I'm no saint though. I'm still having chocolate if I want it, I eat fish & chips occasionally and I've had Maccas twice. I'm also doing Pilates and walking several times a week.

I'm finding that for me, eating good fats is meaning I feel full longer and don't want as much. I'm also fairly tall so can carry weight reasonably well, but like you, the recovery from my csar with DS was awful and I'm also convinced it was the weight gain that led to Pre eclampsia that led to the csar. I'm trying for a VBAC this time so keeping my weight gain down is vital.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Moxy For This Useful Post:

Stretched  (09-02-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I did something similar, put on 30 kilos (ate myself stupid), and thought that I'd lose it through breastfeeding. WRONG! I went from 60 kilos to 90, and carried it well as I am tall. Just wasnt 'me'. Didnt drop a kilo when breastfeeding, and I was really careful with what I ate as I was so unhappy with my weight, and the fact that it wouldnt 'magically' shift with the breastfeeding. Stopped breastfeeding when I fell preg with DS2 and only put on 5 or so kilos over the while pregnancy. I made sure that even though I ate all the time, it was a small meal or snack. ( I ate like every hour to two hours as I was starving). Also didnt buy crap to have in the house (its my downfall) and that really helped. I also found that with pregnancy #2 it was harder to just dash to the shops with DS1 in tow, whereas pre children Id just go in my breaks at work. So for me it wasnt about eating less, but reaching for better options. This also helped me lose the 30 kilos after DS2 (but not until I stopped breastfeeding this time around as well). Hope that helps, I know how crap it is too put on a big amount of weight, and then have to lose it (I hope to goodness that if I go a third time I dont get so huge!)

4. The Following User Says Thank You to spunkles For This Useful Post:

Stretched  (09-02-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for all your replies ladies, great to hear many of you have had some success with doing things differently the next time around.

Moxy, I'd love to hear how you go through the last tri once the hunger gets intense (or did for me). Great to hear things are going so well this time and hopefully you get to have your VBAC!

I guess with a DD this time at least I won't have as much time on my own to just sit around and eat. I'm also hoping to work a lot later in the preg this time as I am working part time (my old boss would not let me change to part time and I couldn't handle 5 days on my feet in a concrete-floored shop, so stopped at about 22 weeks). I'll also be watching calories, I used the calorieking au website to lose weight last year so will probably use that again too.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Stretched View Post
    Thanks for all your replies ladies, great to hear many of you have had some success with doing things differently the next time around.

Moxy, I'd love to hear how you go through the last tri once the hunger gets intense (or did for me). Great to hear things are going so well this time and hopefully you get to have your VBAC!

I guess with a DD this time at least I won't have as much time on my own to just sit around and eat. I'm also hoping to work a lot later in the preg this time as I am working part time (my old boss would not let me change to part time and I couldn't handle 5 days on my feet in a concrete-floored shop, so stopped at about 22 weeks). I'll also be watching calories, I used the calorieking au website to lose weight last year so will probably use that again too.
    I found last pregnancy that my hunger was greater in the first trimester. I ate in the last trimester mostly through boredom though so can't say how hungry I actually got. I stopped work at 32 weeks and pretty much ate non stop. I also sat on my bum like a fat salmon watching tele (mostly the entire series of Dawson's Creek!).I was probably going through a loaf of bread every couple of days on my own, and our milk consumption (me and DH) went from 2 litres to 5 litres a week.

With a toddler this time I don't even have the option to do that. Kinda hoping as the belly gets bigger & there's less room for the stomach itself, that I won't need as much to keep me full.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Do you really believe that just because you craved sugar junk that it was a girl?? Come on, that just perpetuates those silly myths doesnt it?