+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default How & Where to donate a frozen embryo

Hi - We are a couple currently considering our options. We recently gave birth to our beautiful, healthy, & gorg baby girl. Due to our age (42) we are not in a position to have any more children. We have a frozen embryo left over and now we dont know what to do. I dont think I can simply discard the embryo - but then again - who would want an embryo from a 40+

Any advice and suggestions would be appreciated

regards
    Linda

Thanks
    Reviews
    I really feel for you. My dh and I were discussing this the other night. We currently have 11 blasties on ice from our 15th cycle (5th EPU) and while it took us this long to get pg and have been through nearly 100 eggs we don't know what to do and when to say enough is enough. I i hoped that i could just keep trying with them all but $ prevent. DH works with a guy who did IVF and have finished their ttc journey after completing their family and donated their remaining embies to another couple. They signed forms to say they are willing to meet the child(ren) should any be born (when they hit consenting age) my advise would be to speak to a counsellor and find out what are they criteria for donations ? Best wishes

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    hello i want to say congrat to both of you ladies and who wouldnt want an embryo from 40 i would it only taken the right embryo to get pg 1 is btter then nothing
    yes go and talk to your counseller that is what they are there for

iam just about to recive 8 embryos from boy it has been a hard jounrey for us to

and if i dont have luck with these embryo i will be back search for more embryos iam not going to give up on been a mummy i want nothing more then to be a mummy yes we have spent lots of $ over our ivf jounrey

GOOD LUCK LADIES JOJO

4. The Following User Says Thank You to jo-anne.36 For This Useful Post:

smootch  (05-02-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'd suggest you also speak to your fs. I'm sure that they would of seen this type of thing before and they would probably have great advice for you and may offer their own counsellor to you as you paid for it in past cycles. Good luck in making your decision.

Sent from my iPad so pardon the errors!