+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Question Infa Secure Rallye

Hi everyone,

just a quick question. My son has well and truly outgrown my parents carseat and it is no longer a safe way to travel for him.
    As it wont be used as often as my own seat, I am looking for a cheap option.
    I saw an Infa Secure Rallye convertible booster seat at Big W on sale.
    DS is unusually tall, but as long as he fits the seat until he's 4, than I'm ok with it. I'll get him a cheap booster when we get that far.

So my question is..... Has anyone got this carseat? If so, how would you rate it? Is it easy to install and adjust? How high is the backrest? Is it solid and safe? Etc.

I have posted the same question in the general chat section, as I'm trying to get as many opinions as possible. I need to buy one this week.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I looked at it & decided against it cause of the lack of head support.

Thanks
    Reviews
    we looked online for a couple of days trying to compare the ones we'd seen at stores.
    We used google heaps looking for reviews on each item, then we came across the NRMA website which has done testings on most of the car seats out there for sale. We nearly died when we saw some of the dodgy ratings for some of the car seats out there that were crazy expensive.
    Safe N Sound definitely have the best ratings and for "booster seats" ages 4+ (our son isnt 4 but needed the booster seat due to his weight) and SnS are the only ones to have the "anti-submarine" clip on their seats. Which means there's still a strap/seat belt going in between their legs and connected to the seat belt, so no risk of the child falling out through the bottom of the seat if (god forbid) there was a nasty accident.
    Do your research and ask heaps of questions-thats my best advice really.
    And just cos it costs more doesn't mean its' safety rating is better!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    SnS isn't tested the safest convertible booster seat though. The BabyLove EzyCombo is. That is the seat I bought for my own car.
    Seeing as my parents will only have him maybe once or twice in their car each month and also that I'm a single mum on a tough budget, I can not afford more than $150,- for a seat. I physically and literately have only got $154,- in my account to live from this week AND buy a carseat for my parents.

So I have the best tested seat in my car. The BabyLove cost me $245,- and the Infa Secure Ralley is $120,-
    Thus for a second car, the Infa Secure will have to do.

If the seats were terribly dodgy, they wouldn't be sold. They wouldn't meet the Australian safety standard.
    So it might not be the safest of all seats, but for a second seat, it will do.
    Mind you, I went to Big W yesterday as they had them on sale, and they were all sold out. Both our stores had none in stock anymore. So I am assured now that I am not the only one using this seat. Obviously more people are happy to use this seat.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    If the stores are sold out, you can buy it online.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by TripleTime View Post
    I looked at it & decided against it cause of the lack of head support.
    I haven't seen the seat in person yet. They were sold out in both stores in town. They are getting one in tomorrow from another Big W up North.
    If it really looks dodgy, than ofcourse I wont get it. My main concern is my son's height. If the backrest isn't high enough and will only last a few more months, than ofcourse I will get something else. Most likely another EzyCombo. They're on special now for $215,- I was told.
    But if it looks ok to me and he will last a few years in it, than I have no problem purchasing it. I wont expect it to have an AHR built in, or have the headrest like the EC.
    So I'll post back tomorrow when I've seen it and let you know whether or not I'll get it.
    If not, it means he'll be stuck in his old carseat a little longer until my next payday. His head is above the top of the old seat now

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by TripleTime View Post
    If the stores are sold out, you can buy it online.
    Yeah I want to see one in person first before buying one
    I was told that the blue version is discontinued but the red version isn't. So even if there are none available now, I should still get a raincheck she said.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Had a look, didn't like it. Heightwise it wont last long enough. Getting the new model EzyCombo for $215,- instead. My parents are helping to pay for it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Misschief View Post
    SnS isn't tested the safest convertible booster seat though. The BabyLove EzyCombo is. That is the seat I bought for my own car.
    Depends on the size of the booster seat - for the younger age booster seat the EC may be, but for the bigger size (the one i was speaking of) the SnS is.

http://www.racv.com.au/wps/wcm/conne...13ffdec5734ddb

Thanks
    Reviews
    BabyLove and SnS are both made by the same company. We have 2 SnS's and the EzyCombo and all do a great job I think. Both are highest raters on creps.

Sent from my LG-P500 using BubHub