+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Bachelor of Ed - OUA thru Curtin Uni

So I've bitten the bullet and just enrolled in my first subject in this degree thru open learning. Just wanting to get some advice from other hubbers who have either done or are doing this degree, or any tips regarding external study in general.

I am starting small, only doing 1 unit per study period this year as I haven't studied at a tertiary level since 2006 and I'm not sure how I'll cope with a 2 year old and a new born.

Any info and advice would be greatly appreciated :-)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I've just done one unit through them ( have done 3 years of my education degree at my Uni but needed to catch up) and I am really struggling with rhe unit and most likely failing haha

I found I couldn't do online study after bein uses to being on campus for 3 Years however I say make sure you do the weekly activites and reading per week and don't fall behind, that's what I did and now have weeks of stuff to catch up on in order to do my assignment

good luck !!!

Thanks
    Reviews

I've never studied externally so know I'm really gonna have to keep on top of things to keep motivated. That's why I'm only starting with one unit too!! I'm generally pretty organized tho, and am currently on maternity leave so no work commitments, just the kids.

How have you found the degree over all though?
    It's what I've wanted to do for ages but never thought I could.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I do Bach of teaching (0-5 yrs) through distance education through CSU. I find it hard to motivate. It's much easier to do distance for me as I work full time but I feel I would of benefited with class time.
    What I like best is that it is a smaller work load and online learning is very convenient being able to upload an assessment at 11pm

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Ohh best of luck and congratulations

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    yeah just keep on top and you'll be fine

I'm doing early childhood and primary so birth - year 7 and I love it but I wouldn't love it so much f it wasn't for the tutes and fun things we do in class and all the help from tutors !!

also have enjoyed all my prac and as. many teachers will say you learn more on a month of prac than 4 Years of Uni

good luck

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I'm studying this and my current subject is a real pain in the a$$!! I think it's an absolute waste of time but I already have a degree and other diplomas etc.

Some subjects you get marked for doing the online task and responding to at least two others and I think this is ridiculous! For me, this meant the difference between an HD and a D so I was peeved.

I found sometimes the tutors are very hand holding, which may be good if you aren't use to studying, however I find it frustrating as I am use to uni and already have high expectations and the really dumb questions annoy me. I know they say there are no dumb questions, but honestly there are! (Usually by the same ppl over and over again).

Give it a go, yell out if you need a hand and just be super organised. Over summer I only did one as we were going OS but previously I did three per SP (working full time, having SD and being pregnant too). I'm doing two this upcoming SP and then I'll drop to one as that's when bubs is due.

Oh and order your texts early!!! Some have taken forever to come in which immediately puts you behind the ball.

Good luck with it!

Thanks
    Reviews
    elle hve you happene. to do a maths one over this summer ??

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Em - no haven't done Math unit. Another pain in the toosh one to look forward to??

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by ElleB View Post
    Em - no haven't done Math unit. Another pain in the toosh one to look forward to??
    yep hated it hahaha