Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    About freaking time!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I think people that use them know full well what the risks are, there has been so so so much info the past few years on their effects and skin cancers etc but if they still choose to use them then it's their life they are risking?

You can't make people get out of the sun any more than you can make them not use a tanning bed. Banning them will just make people go to worse lengths to get one

Thanks
    Reviews
    Unfortunately, like smoking and drinking, people without fully developed brains with full capacity for decision making and risk taking cannot make proper decisions about their choice to participate. Our brains may be still developing as old as 28 or more, and younger people are the ones most at risk from all of these activites because of this. So I say ban away, at least it would stop young people from making stupid decisions they regret later (us oldies can take care of ourselves lol). now if only alcohol and cigarettes didn't raise money for the govt, we could ban them too.

Thanks
    Reviews
    This is stupid, we all do things that can kills us. We should as adults make our own choices.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to fairyflossfairy For This Useful Post:

DaddyLarge  (07-02-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I hope they ban them everywhere.

7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to share a book For This Useful Post:

missie_mackxxxx  (08-02-2012),SassyMummy  (07-02-2012),ShanandBoc  (19-02-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Pinkzy View Post
    LOL @ the notion of banning tanning salons while keeping cigarettes legal

*sigh* ahhhh, our government. Never fail to make me laugh
    Lol totally agree!
    I think they are ridiculous and shouldn't be around either. But no sunbeds will mean more idiots baking on the beech. People are still obsessed with a "healthy" tan

Smoking causes cancer is so many places in the body yet it's still legal the mind bogles

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    I'm happy for them to be banned.

I would be happy with other things being banned too - but this is far easier to ban than other things. People are ADDICTED to smokes and booze... and alcohol is very much a part of social behaviour and culture... to try and successfully ban it would be near impossible at this point in time, IMO.

To not ban things because other things are allowed is stupid IMO.

There's also an alternative to sunbeds: spray tanning, which is easy to do and healthier for your skin. You can also just go lay in the sun if you're desperate to turn yourself in a walking piece of leather by age 40.

I see no benefit to keeping solariums legal.

10. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to SassyMummy For This Useful Post:

Gandalf  (07-02-2012),missie_mackxxxx  (08-02-2012),MissMuppet  (08-02-2012),RobinSparkles  (08-02-2012),sunnyflower  (07-02-2012),tatia&shura  (07-02-2012),WorkingClassMum  (05-02-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I used to be a regular user of tanning beds but due to where I live now I don't have one in town but i would still go to the solarium if I could. I found it therapeutic as well and is good for the circulation as well as looking healthy with a tan. Tanning beds don't penetrate as deep into your skin as laying in the sun does, and its not like you should be laying in a tanning bed for ages every day. I used it twice a week for 10mins each time. I also moisturise heavily twice a day so my skin will never be like leather. The amount of people that get cancer is minimal considering the huge amount of people that use tanning beds!

Opinionated is offline Winner 2009 - Best Avatar
    You know you love me.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    About time. I hope the rest of the country follows suit. After that, they can ban cigarettes.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I used to use them aswell. My skin felt so nice and it was "me" time. I dont use one now as I dont live near any. Maybe the government should look at making cigarettes illegal. That's right they make money from them.