+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Wow, thanks for the replies everyone! It seems that the majority of you have had it done.....something for DP & I to definitely think about seriously!!

As to someone's comment about it not being free in SA -- I'm in SA too -- perhaps its not free here cause its not as much of an issue here as other states?? That also may explain why I hadn't heard about it sooner....? Just a thought.

All the stories of babies contracting it are really sad, I honestly didn't know it was that common....

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kw123 View Post
    Yes I am and DH will be too although we aren't going to ask family or friends to get it done. There is an amazingly high rate of vaccination in Oz and the number of cases keep going up so I am somewhat dubious about its effectiveness but given the seriousness, decided to get it before TCC.
    It's not 100% effective unfortunately, and the rates of vax have gone down quite dramatically in some areas (Byron Bay, NSW for example) due to people choosing not to vax (whole other discussion there) but in answer to the OP, yes, we will be getting done.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    DH got his before DD was born, and I got mine in hospital just after she was born.

My parents and FIL also got vaccinated.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    DH has to be vaccinated as part of his job and whooping cough is included in this. He was vaccinated before our first child was born.

I was vaccinated for whooping cough after my DD's 6 week check up and I did it as a pre-cautionary thing. All the grandparents are also vaccinated for the same reason and some of my siblings whom have come to stay with us when we have had infants.