+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    lola77 is offline BH Advocate - Sydney: Northern Beaches
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    DH and I had ours done while I was pregnant with DS (now 2.5) as Sydney has had a massive whopping cough problem for a few years now. Obs said it was safe to have during pregnancy and recommended it as bubs are vulnerable before they get it at 6 weeks.
    I asked my mum to get it as she'd be staying with us for 3 weeks but she had real difficulties trying to convince her GP, as England doesn't have a big whooping cough issue ATM.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yes and so is my DH. My parents, brothers, SIL, MIL & FIL also got the jab. You can never be too careful.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    We both had it done in 2008 when my son was a nb. Not sure if I need it again when this baby comes (4 year gap)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by lola77 View Post
    DH and I had ours done while I was pregnant with DS (now 2.5) as Sydney has had a massive whopping cough problem for a few years now. Obs said it was safe to have during pregnancy and recommended it as bubs are vulnerable before they get it at 6 weeks.
    I asked my mum to get it as she'd be staying with us for 3 weeks but she had real difficulties trying to convince her GP, as England doesn't have a big whooping cough issue ATM.
    My parents are also English and they had the same problem. They were only coming over for 3 weeks too but I definitely wanted them to get it done. So my mum went back with some info printed from the Victorian website about whooping cough and the doctor gave my mum the vaccination straightaway. I hope your mum manages to get it done.
    Last edited by Mrs Leto; 04-02-2012 at 22:19.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Yes and the whole family and friends

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yes, me and DH were done before we started trying, as well as me getting Hep B, C etc.
    Parents and sister have since been done - now we have to have the chat with DH's family about them getting done before bub's arrival.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Yep..
    My friends 4 month old girl just got out of hospital. She was in isolation and on oxygen after having whooping cough..she was in for over a week..still has slight cough..

Thanks
    Reviews
    DH has had his done when we were 10 wks preg, mine will be done straight after bubs is born. We also asked our siblings to get it done and they've all done so too (except for one BIL and his wife but I don't expect they will see bub much initially anyway)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yes I had it twice in a year.

Make sure you get before your discharged from hospital or some where were it's free.

After ds1 was born we went to our gp and got it and it was just over $90 each for me and dp to get it.

When they offered it to me the year later in hospital for free I got it again

Thanks
    Reviews
    This has me wondering now. Would anyone NOT allow a relative or friend to look after bub for a period of time or even hold them if they were not vaccinated?