+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default living with a partner with disabilities

sorry if wrong area , I love my man with all my heart , never met a man who has ever made me feel as good as he does , he is a aussie ledgen in my eyes

just looking for others who might have partners that suffer chronic pain.

He has spinal damage (from been run over as a teen was ment to never walk about ) he also has advance ostreo arthritus in his knees , hips and shoulders

some days it just brings me down seen him in so much pain , Im dreading winter it makes him bed ridden for days

he has had a bad week this week did yard work , even thou i offered to do it he went an did it anyways an no spend almost 2 days in bed on pills

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    DH used to have chronic neck/shoulder pain - probably mostly muscle tension from everything, i.e. the chair and computer, being chin-controlled. (Reason for using chin-control is also SCI from being run over by car as a teen - the "driver" was asleep at the time.)

Fortnightly remedial massage, initially set up to assist with oedema, has helped the pain massively, so that now it's usually absent instead of usually present.

Can your partner consult an OT re: assistive technologies and mobility aids (or devise his own) to minimise daily strain and toil so he has more to spare for special events like yard work.

Thanks
    Reviews
    due to such lack of stuff around his cartilage an his damaged spine massage isn't a option .
    his doc he has had for the last 5 yrs has just offered pills in end as every other option fails to help.
    his hip been so bad last few days been cant get to his normal GP out here going to get him into a new one here an get a new doc.
    he is only 45 but his joints are as of a 60+ yr old , his last gp said nothing can be done till he is of the right age for hip replacements .
    hehe he likes to joke about been bionical man