+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pynk View Post
    There is a disease called encoperesis(sp) that can cause this. It can also cause behavior problems. Its worth a trip to gp. It only takes an xray to confirm it

Sent from my HUAWEI SONIC using BubHub
    This.

My DD (11) has it. She also hides her undies or throws them out because she is so embarrassed. No amount of reassuring her helps, I can understand why!
    They can't feel it coming because everything has stretched and the nerve ending lose sensation. Laxatives need to be used for years, DD had them for 2 years, we were told she was ok and to go off them, 7 months later we were back to square 1, and are now in the 9th month of a new course of laxatives.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I agree with everyone about going to see a GP again. There is more to it than just poor hygiene. Nobody would want to soil their underwear, let alone a 15 year old. The first thing I would demand would be an xray to see if there is any blockages. Then I would be looking at getting her to see therapist because, even if it is medical related, it would of still affected her after going on for this long.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Thanks Pynk The pead discussed doing this with DD a few times, but always decided that it wasn't necessary. And the way she explained it scared the life out off DD who insisted she didn't want to have it done and the paed listened to her instead of me.
    Im almost ready to take her to the 3rd pead for this prob so far!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    +1 for what pynk and RunningWithScissors suggest.
    DD1 (a lot younger) has been on a adult dose of movicol for nearly two years now. Best thing we ever did was get a referral to the continence clinic, no gp ever understood or knew what was going on with her before, they'd tell us to give her parachoc for three days, that is no good when everything is so stretched, it was a horrible time.