Closed Thread
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BMJandBaby View Post
    Huh? I was agreeing with the women who chose to have a CS as opposed to judging them.. if she can chose to, why shouldn't she?
    I also said I would chose it too, but had a vb because I fear being cut open for CS..
    how is that in any way disrespectful and "asking for it?"??
    No no no!!! You r misunderstanding me! When you said the bit I quoted, I thought you were kind of asking why have a vb if you can go the "quick, fast, pain free procedure". But then you said you didn't in fact ask that. So I was just saying sorry, I misunderstand that quote to be asking that. Not having a go at you I know you're not having a go at anyone.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by hopefully2 View Post
    Delirium this wasn't the opportunity for you to presume that you are the educational authority on csection risk. It wasn't asked what r the risks are it was asked of women who choose this why we did. Women opened up to be shot down by holier than thou attitude. If you sincerely want to have an open forum allow yourself the opportunity to believe that most people here are informed and educated.
    That's really unfair. I don't believe anyone was being holier than thou by answering a question asked by the OP.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by hopefully2 View Post
    Delirium this wasn't the opportunity for you to presume that you are the educational authority on csection risk. It wasn't asked what r the risks are it was asked of women who choose this why we did. Women opened up to be shot down by holier than thou attitude. If you sincerely want to have an open forum allow yourself the opportunity to believe that most people here are informed and educated.
    If you read delirium's posts, you will see she has had 2 c-sections!

And a lot of people are not educated, rather take an ob's word as gospel.

I read once that people do more research about which car to buy than labour and birth.
    Last edited by BigRedV; 04-02-2012 at 19:37.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by squishie View Post
    It is so sad the way that mothers can be so cruel to each other. As long as we do what is right for us and our babies, who cares!!! I had a drug-free vb (I wasn't comfortable with pethadine and really didn't want an epidural, they freak me out) I tore quite badly due to my ds coming out superman style with his hand next to his face and ended up in theatre with a spinal block to have all my stitches (I was spewing that I ended up in bed with dead legs anyway lol). I have recovered really well from my stitches and birth. I don't think I'm better than anyone else, I have a super high pain threshold and I did what was right for me. I've also been attacked and made to feel awful for my choices. I think we all do what works for us and we should all just be nice to each other (((group hug)))
    This

I hate having to justify not taking anything that was offered in my labours. I did it because i was able to and i wouldnt change it.

I have friends who scoff at me for doing it drug free, i support all mothers and their choice of birth, it doesnt matter how bub is born as long as both mother and bub are healthy. I think elective caeseran mums are very brave, i also think they most likely make for a happier mother as they are prepared 100% knowing exactley what the outcome will be and therefore can enjoy their pregnancy and post labour. It must be very empowering to make that decision!

O and i too attended calmbirth and have been laughed at for it...
    Last edited by crunchie; 04-02-2012 at 19:51.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    The question was not had csections but choose csections. I think it is holier than thou if you assume that a woman choosing a csection doesn't know the risks and needs it published after the event or that you need to publish the risk in case other women think ok I might choose to take a similar risk. Once again I am only saying if you want women here giving frank open answers about their choice then don't debate their choice, just hear it and process it. Perhaps I misunderstood the reasons why the question was asked. Perhaps it was to discuss vb and the associated risks versus the risks of csection births. Sorry.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by becandabub View Post
    There is such a thing as too posh to push. I work with her. I have no issue with her having elected to deliver both her babies by elective c-section - planned early in her completely normal pregnancy, no health issues, absolutely no medical reason to have elected. She makes no bones about being too posh to push, and that's completely her choice - her kids, her body.

However, she seems to think it's completely appropriate to attempt to ridicule me for planning a drug-free vaginal Hypnobabies birth. When I said to her my student midwife may be allowed to catch bub as he or she comes out, she said in a loud, obnoxious tone "OH are you going to SHOOT the baby out?!" This is not the worst she's come out with - constant comments about how different/unsatisfying s3x surely MUST be with a stretched vagina for example. But she's an idiot and I doubt there are many people, let alone elective c-sectioners, like her.
    Oh the vagina and s3x myth I thought once I got home from hospital s3x would be as easy and as normal as before dd because of cs how wrong was I! S3x was excrciating until well after a year it was worse than lossing my v!rginity every time! It was so painful that we were TTC and I was kinda grinding and bearing it. Than bubhubers told me that after birth your body tightens your vagina and that my body didn't know I had a cs and tighten my vagina unecussarily anyway

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Little-Pink-Hen For This Useful Post:

becandabub  (04-02-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I wanted elective from the start and I got it. Recovery was quick and not much pain at all. I wanted the safe arrival of my baby and a vaginal birth has too many unknowns and risks in my opinion.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    There are answers in this thread that prove delirium's point...some women are not educated about c-sections.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by BigRedV View Post
    There are answers in this thread that prove delirium's point...some women are not educated about c-sections.
    Such as?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by BigRedV View Post
    Agree I hadn't even considered a cs through my pregnancy so wasn't prepared or informed. I wish I was now I am more so and if a cs is needed this time or I decide to want one I now have a birth plan to incorporate what I want for a cs that I'd feel comfortable with for a positive experience