Closed Thread
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by hopefully2 View Post
    I find coming in and talking about drug free labour and the risks of csection when asked why did people choose an elective csection attacking of choices made.

I couldn't care just find it disrespectful to people who opened up and gave you their reasons.

Some people have opinions on practically everything even without experiences of them.
    She asked why do it without drugs and why do it at all if you can avoid it... so I answered. Don't need to experience as c/s to answer why I don't want one. People have talked about the risks associated with vb being the reason they didn't have one. I didn't attack anyones choice and I'm sorry if you felt that way but thats your issue, not mine.

~Marigold~ is offline You make me happy, when skies are grey
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Thanks Anabella. But I didn't ask "why anyone would have a vb when a c/s is available".. I just asked what the reasons behind choosing an elective c/s are.
    I had a vb when a c/s was available.
    I totally agree with you on the Pethadine and the gas.. did nothing for the pain for me (personally), just made me feel off my face!
    The epidural, on the other hand, was great. I didn't even feel the needle going in (due to the contraction pain far out weighing that). I was able to actually have a nap as the pain subsided and had enough feeling by the time I actually pushed to move and feel the contractions tightening, just no pain.
    I agree with you though, there are very serious risks that need to be considered, but they are quite rare..

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Little-Pink-Hen View Post
    There is no such thing as too posh to push and I find that really insulting we don't really know what victoria beckhams reasons are for having csections
    There is such a thing as too posh to push. I work with her. I have no issue with her having elected to deliver both her babies by elective c-section - planned early in her completely normal pregnancy, no health issues, absolutely no medical reason to have elected. She makes no bones about being too posh to push, and that's completely her choice - her kids, her body.

However, she seems to think it's completely appropriate to attempt to ridicule me for planning a drug-free vaginal Hypnobabies birth. When I said to her my student midwife may be allowed to catch bub as he or she comes out, she said in a loud, obnoxious tone "OH are you going to SHOOT the baby out?!" This is not the worst she's come out with - constant comments about how different/unsatisfying s3x surely MUST be with a stretched vagina for example. But she's an idiot and I doubt there are many people, let alone elective c-sectioners, like her.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    @Hopefully2, I don't get it? Is this directed at me??
    If in any of my posts you have found anything I have said as disrespectful, I urge you to re-read them as I think you've made a mistake.
    I have said all along that i'm simply asking out of curiousity.. If you knew me in real life you'd see I do not judge any body, for any reason.
    Which post mislead you?
    Last edited by ~Marigold~; 04-02-2012 at 19:07.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger - Thanks100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by BMJandBaby View Post
    I don't get it? Is this directed at me??
    If in any of my posts you have found anything I have said as disrespectful, I urge you to re-read them as I think you've made a mistake.
    I have said all along that i'm simply asking out of curiousity.. If you knew me in real life you'd see I do not judge any body, for any reason.
    Which post mislead you?
    I think it's directed at a few of us that have answered your questions not you.

Information is power. If a woman knows exactly what she's up for, is educated then meh her choice. I really couldn't give a fudge.

anyway I'll bow out my intention was not to offend but simply to put the info out there

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BMJandBaby View Post
    If a woman can opt for a quick, fast, pain free procedure (I know the healing isn't pain free) then why shouldn't she?
    For me personally I just can't get my head around the cutting my tummy open bit (it's totally just me and a fear of.. well, being cut open, lol) so that's the only reason why I couldn't do it.
    Whoops sorry, I think I thought this was ^^^^ was asking it! Sorry!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Annabella View Post
    Whoops sorry, I think I thought this was ^^^^ was asking it! Sorry!
    Huh? I was agreeing with the women who choose to have a CS as opposed to judging them.. if she can choose to, why shouldn't she?
    I also said I would choose it too, but had a vb because I fear being cut open for CS..
    how is that in any way disrespectful and "asking for it?"??
    Last edited by ~Marigold~; 04-02-2012 at 20:01.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Delirium this wasn't the opportunity for you to presume that you are the educational authority on csection risk. It wasn't asked what r the risks are it was asked of women who choose this why we did. Women opened up to be shot down by holier than thou attitude. If you sincerely want to have an open forum allow yourself the opportunity to believe that most people here are informed and educated.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Bmjandbaby my comments were not directed at you.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger - Thanks100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by hopefully2 View Post
    Delirium this wasn't the opportunity for you to presume that you are the educational authority on csection risk. It wasn't asked what r the risks are it was asked of women who choose this why we did. Women opened up to be shot down by holier than thou attitude. If you sincerely want to have an open forum allow yourself the opportunity to believe that most people here are informed and educated.

yikes, ok then