Closed Thread
Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I will be opting for an elective c-section if this baby doesn't turn out of breech position!

For me, I don't care how my baby enters the world... as long as they are happy and healthy.

Sent from my HTC Desire using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Oh and bmjandbaby, I believe in calmbirth/hypnobirthing and they teach that the pain ultimately comes from fear. I worked very hard to have my head in a good place for my birth and as a result I really didn't feel pain. It's not for everyone, but it worked for me and I worked so hard because I wasn't comfortable with the side effects (medical and emotional) of any of the drug pain relief options. I did have sterile water injections and they were amazing.

~Marigold~ is offline You make me happy, when skies are grey
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    ( reply deleted due to double post)
    Last edited by ~Marigold~; 04-02-2012 at 18:44.

~Marigold~ is offline You make me happy, when skies are grey
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by squishie View Post
    Oh and bmjandbaby, I believe in calmbirth/hypnobirthing and they teach that the pain ultimately comes from fear. I worked very hard to have my head in a good place for my birth and as a result I really didn't feel pain. It's not for everyone, but it worked for me and I worked so hard because I wasn't comfortable with the side effects (medical and emotional) of any of the drug pain relief options. I did have sterile water injections and they were amazing.
    Awesome I'm also a believer in mind over matter. Just gotta master it!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    OP, a few of the reasons *I* choose not to use drugs during childbirth are- I had peth with my first two and it is horrible, horrible stuff! I vomited and felt drunk and stoned all at once and it was just awful! It can also cause breathing problems in the baby as it crosses into their blood. Thats another reason not to have it- because the baby gets it too. Gas- the same. And it didn't help me personally. Epidural- I'm very very scared of having a bit needle in my spine. I'm preg with twins atm, and just praying I can have a natural birth without an epidural (lots of pressure from hosp to have epidural) because the thought of that needle scares me so much. Also scared of possible complications and side effects of epidural. Epidural also increases the chance you will have an instrumental delivery (forceps/vacuum) or a c/s- all things I wanted to avoid.

I choose vb because of the risks associated with c/s (yes I know there are risks associated with vb as well) and the risks associated with the epidural/spinal block. Also I can't afford the recovery time. And not all hosp are c/s baby friendly, as in many of them will not let baby in recovery with you, and I want my baby with me straight away. Natural birth is also best for baby, the process is very important for their health (esp lungs).

Each to their own, both the mother and baby's interests need to be taken into account, esp in cases of sexual abuse I can absolutely understand why a vb would be so traumatic.

I know I didn't answer the original question, but you asked why anyone would have a vb when c/s is available and why you'd do it drug free when you can do it pain free, so thought I'd answer that

Oh and c/s birth stories are great too, so please don't feel you can't share them!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Annabella For This Useful Post:

~Marigold~  (04-02-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    BMJ - I was induced with my first labour. It was very quick and painful. I had pethidine during my daughter's birth. She was born less than an hour later and didn't even cry when she was born. She wouldn't latch on and was groggy for 48 hours.

When I was pregnant with my son, I went into labour naturally and only got to hospital with one hour spare before he was born. I didn't know I was so close to birthing because I had only ever been induced.

If I have another baby, I will do my best to have no intervention again, especially no epidural. I've never had an epidural and don't want one. There is no prouder moment in my life than carrying my babies in my arms and walking out of the delivery suite

As an aside, I have had 2 wisdom teeth extracted in the chair at the same time. I had drugs, but it's not comparable to me. Labour prepares your body for birth.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I find coming in and talking about drug free labour and the risks of csection when asked why did people choose an elective csection attacking of choices made.

I couldn't care just find it disrespectful to people who opened up and gave you their reasons.

Some people have opinions on practically everything even without experiences of them.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger - Thanks100 Posts in a week
    BMJ Annabella covered a lot of why some women opt for no pain meds.

In regards to the epidural there can be what's called a cascade of intervention that can lead to c/s. Google it there's lots of stuff on it.

I actually thought the discussion has been very polite and civilised. These type of threads can tend to turn a whole lotta nasty most of the time. If I've upset anyone I've very sorry I'm simply responding to questions the OP has asked and I think it's good to share info.
    Last edited by delirium; 04-02-2012 at 18:55.

Thanks
    Reviews
    And pain relief can affect the baby too, re: why no pain relief.

ETA, sorry I posted without refreshing.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by hopefully2 View Post
    I find coming in and talking about drug free labour and the risks of csection when asked why did people choose an elective csection attacking of choices made.

I couldn't care just find it disrespectful to people who opened up and gave you their reasons.

Some people have opinions on practically everything even without experiences of them.
    The op has since asked why people choose not to have drugs during labour.

It seems that you're entitled to your opinion on labour and vb, yet you haven't experienced it???

Closed Thread
Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast