Closed Thread
Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by delirium View Post
    I asked my ob the definition of 'elective' c/s and how I hated mine being called that.

He said that they group in 2 categories - elective and emergency and emergency is basically a woman on a trolley being rushed to surgery as a life or death thing. Anything outside that is classed as elective. While I get the logic I hate the term, elective means by choice.

Maybe there's should be a 3rd category - medically necessary (or medically forced as mine was )
    Totally agree!!!

Witwicky is offline A closed mouth gathers no foot.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by delirium View Post
    Thanks for those!

Here is another good one too, for those who are interested

http://www.mybirth.com.au/intervention/episiotomy.html

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I had a purely elective c section, and by that I mean I chose to have it at the start of my pregnancy, as I am doing with this one too.
    To me, a natural birth isnt natural....it is disgusting and horrid and icky. Pushing a baby out of my vagina would bring back memories of my father and it would most likely make me vomit. I will fight for my c section, I will have it no other way.

I get tired of the too posh to push comments, especially from women who think they're oh so frickin spesh because they pushed a baby or 2 out of them. Yeah, you want a gold star? I dont get included in the 'baby/birth' stories when I go out with the girls because I get told I didnt give birth. Go **** yourselves.
    Makes me so angry. It shouldnt matter how my daughter came out of me, fact is I carried her for 9 months, went through major surgery and am now a mother like the rest of you.Isnt that enough? Did you want me to labour for 18 hours, scream in agony for most of it, end up with 3rd degree tears down there and be traumatized for the rest of my life for it?? Is that what has to happen in order for me to be in the special mummies groups?
    I get asked all the time if im going to have another c section...and they say it so accusatory...like, really, how dare i. I get asked why I want one.....whos business is that??? I usually say to them 'why did you have a vaginal birth? Im having a c section for the same reason....because it is the most natural way to give birth, for me.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to GothChick For This Useful Post:

Von Zipper  (04-02-2012),~Marigold~  (04-02-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Sorry, got a little angry there lol.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by GothChick View Post
    I had a purely elective c section, and by that I mean I chose to have it at the start of my pregnancy, as I am doing with this one too.
    To me, a natural birth isnt natural....it is disgusting and horrid and icky. Pushing a baby out of my vagina would bring back memories of my father and it would most likely make me vomit. I will fight for my c section, I will have it no other way.

I get tired of the too posh to push comments, especially from women who think they're oh so frickin spesh because they pushed a baby or 2 out of them. Yeah, you want a gold star? I dont get included in the 'baby/birth' stories when I go out with the girls because I get told I didnt give birth. Go **** yourselves.
    Makes me so angry. It shouldnt matter how my daughter came out of me, fact is I carried her for 9 months, went through major surgery and am now a mother like the rest of you.Isnt that enough? Did you want me to labour for 18 hours, scream in agony for most of it, end up with 3rd degree tears down there and be traumatized for the rest of my life for it?? Is that what has to happen in order for me to be in the special mummies groups?
    I get asked all the time if im going to have another c section...and they say it so accusatory...like, really, how dare i. I get asked why I want one.....whos business is that??? I usually say to them 'why did you have a vaginal birth? Im having a c section for the same reason....because it is the most natural way to give birth, for me.

I get angry also. I now keep quiet if people start talking about birth stories as I don't want to have to explain something that is none of their business in the first place!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I'm the opposite. I talk about my great csection and how much I loved it.

We're allowed to be proud too.

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to BlissedOut For This Useful Post:

PomPoms  (04-02-2012),Von Zipper  (04-02-2012),~Marigold~  (04-02-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Most episiotomies are unnecessary! I had no tears or grazes after a drug free birth of my 4.85kg baby

I did tear with my first. She was 4.11kg! I don't even know if I have a scar down there from it, and who really cares? It's not as if anyone is going to see it

10. The Following User Says Thank You to BigRedV For This Useful Post:

~Marigold~  (04-02-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BlissedOut View Post
    I'm the opposite. I talk about my great csection and how much I loved it.

We're allowed to be proud too.
    It is more being asked the reason for my c-section that bothers me. Rather than talking about the actual experience if that makes sense.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to PomPoms For This Useful Post:

~Marigold~  (04-02-2012)

Nmgb is offline No relationship is all sunshine, but two people can share one umbrella and survive the storm ♡
    Thanks
    Reviews
    My 2 girls were induced VB Dd2 had shoulder dystocia. At the beginning of this pregnancy they said there was a 10% chance of this happening again and I can go ahead with a 3rd VB or book a C/S. I chose to try for a VB. I had a growth scan at 38 weeks to estimate baby's size. That was all fine not as big as DD2 was. But she has engaged in a way that increases the difficulty of pushing her out and the Dr's upped the chance to 20% so I am now booked for an elective C/S on the 7th. I just want her here safely!

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Nmgb For This Useful Post:

~Marigold~  (04-02-2012)

~Marigold~ is offline You make me happy, when skies are grey
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Girl X View Post
    My CS was for medical reasons, but was classed as elective. I believe there are many like that.

Despite that, now that I have had a CS I can definitely see why women would choose to give birth that way.

I did find it quite painless, and the recovery for me was straightforward. I was quite surprised at how 'not in pain' I felt afterwards!

I think I would elect to have a CS next time, as I had such a good experience the first time around, and I also believe that it would be a lower risk option than a VBAC.

I am also a big believer in the fact that once your baby is out then it really doesn't matter which way it came out, as long as mum and baby are happy and healthy. If it makes you happy to have a VB then do that (haha - the birth, not the beer), and the same goes for a CS.

I think that many of these comments that are made about women who have had CS or drug assisted births are really down to an unpleasant kind of competitiveness that can sometimes exist between us. Unfortunately there are lots of these contentious topics from pregnancy onwards, and it can sometimes be hard to ignore them, but I think the only way to stay sane is to try to see them for what they are and do what suits you best!
    THANK YOU!! Well said in every way. I've thought that for years, about how it shouldn't matter "how" we get the baby out, each to their own. And to me, "natural" is having a baby full stop.
    And yes, would LOVE a VB right now! (yes, the beer ) sucks being preg through this summer

Closed Thread
Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast