Closed Thread
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger - Thanks100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Witwicky View Post
    ^^ Tears which have occurred naturally actually heal better and quicker than cuts, and apparently hurt less...just sayin'.
    Before I had my 2nd c/s and was doing a birth plan with the middies for a VBAC I said I want to tear naturally. She replied that was the best way as research shows natural tearing heals quicker and that many episiotomies were preemptive and not even needed

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to delirium For This Useful Post:

jenrose  (04-02-2012),Witwicky  (04-02-2012)

~Marigold~ is offline You make me happy, when skies are grey
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Winterbubs1012 View Post
    I was considering an elective c - sect for my first pregnancy because I had been through alot of trauma caused from other medical reasons not pregnancy and I couldn't mentally cope with a vag birth going wrong, after a lot of research I decided I wanted a natural water birth but unfortunately that option was taken away from me when I needed a c -sect for medical reasons.

I posted on here about wanting an elective c -sect and it was absolutely disgusting I got attacked so badly I even got rude private msgs!!!
    Was so shocking how mothers on here could be soo nasty.....
    I still don't get why ppl care how another mother chooses to birth her baby??!
    Any way a lot of ppl were saying I was very selfish for wanting a c -sect as they believed it was very dangerous for the baby.
    There sure are some crazies out there!! How disturbing that they PM'd you just to abuse you. Hope you reported them.

~Marigold~ is offline You make me happy, when skies are grey
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by delirium View Post
    Before I had my 2nd c/s and was doing a birth plan with the middies for a VBAC I said I want to tear naturally. She replied that was the best way as research shows natural tearing heals quicker and that many episiotomies were preemptive and not even needed
    That's interesting to know! You would automatically think "tear = messy, painful, dangerous".

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 26/9/2014100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by delirium View Post
    and I wanted to add I hate that such things as breech and placenta previa which the hospitals make you have, is classed as elective. I didn't elect it thanks and had I been able to I would of birthed naturally
    Well said!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi there, I thought I might add that it is interesting what hospitals class as an 'elective' CS - my DS was born at 33 weeks after a six hour labour, his heartbeat started to drop during contractions and the obs told me he was nearing fatal distress and said because he was so little it was better to get him out so we could get him straight into the neonatal intensive care unit. This was classed as an elective CS! So I found out later that my birth would go into the hospital's statistics as an 'elective CS' even though its not what most people would understand by that term.

Thanks
    Reviews
    BJMandBABY: I should have reported them! but at least one was a mod and privately gave me 2 warnings for nothing then threatened to ban me and I really didn't want to be banned so I didn't look into reporting them.
    The thread was closed because it got so nasty and after that I didn't bother posting much and decided not to come back on bubhub.

Now I'm preg with my second bub I thought I'd give bubhub another go as it is an awesome forum most of the time

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ugh my c - sect was put down as elective!!
    even thou at 36 + 4 weeks my ob said I NEEDED a c - sect and would be way too dangerous for bub and me to try to induce me.
    I had PE and my DS had a low heart rate and low movement score plus my anti c levels were at a level so high I was told he would need a full blood transfusion after birth an most prob be rushed by ambulance to the major Neonatal unit.
    I got 12 hours notice to go get my bags and come back for a c sect.

How is that elective??!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Witwicky View Post
    ^^ Tears which have occurred naturally actually heal better and quicker than cuts, and apparently hurt less...just sayin'.
    I don't care what they say, I am going by experience my experience. I didn't feel getting cut and wasn't in any pain whilst healing just mild discomfort and healed quickly. A controlled cut is more appealing to me. My ob could see on both occassions that I was about to tear so intervened, due to the size of my babies I am sure being left to tear would have caused damage.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    I asked my ob the definition of 'elective' c/s and how I hated mine being called that.

He said that they group in 2 categories - elective and emergency and emergency is basically a woman on a trolley being rushed to surgery as a life or death thing. Anything outside that is classed as elective. While I get the logic I hate the term, elective means by choice.

Maybe there's should be a 3rd category - medically necessary (or medically forced as mine was )

Closed Thread
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast