Closed Thread
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I'm not sure why people would opt for a cs if there is no medical reason too, I know some stars have cs " too posh to push" or fear doing damage down there.
    For me I would not select to have major surgery if there is no reason to. Even after a 33hr longstressful horrible labour with ds1, it didn't make me feel like I wanted a cs next time and i didn't. My second labour was a breeze, 4hrs. And although I had 2 episiotomies everything went bavk to normal down there and i don't have any scarring.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Blessedwith3boys For This Useful Post:

~Marigold~  (04-02-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I think you may be talking about my post! I'm considering it as an option. I would be very willing to endure the pain of labour if I knew there was a hole the correct size bub was about to be pushed through! o_0

I know cs has a longer recovery, but it eliminates some of the long term problems that can arise from vb. I know the horror stories are rarer that the "normal" deliveries, but it's still a risk.

The reason I think I'll be judged is that my mum always bangs on about how easy giving birth was. 3-5 hour labours, no tearing etc. she thinks why the hell would anyone put themselves through a cs when a vb is so "easy." sil and mil only had vbs too.

I know it's my choice and I should ignore them, but it makes me feel judged.

~Marigold~ is offline You make me happy, when skies are grey
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by GM01 View Post
    I think you may be talking about my post! I'm considering it as an option. I would be very willing to endure the pain of labour if I knew there was a hole the correct size bub was about to be pushed through! o_0

I know cs has a longer recovery, but it eliminates some of the long term problems that can arise from vb. I know the horror stories are rarer that the "normal" deliveries, but it's still a risk.

The reason I think I'll be judged is that my mum always bangs on about how easy giving birth was. 3-5 hour labours, no tearing etc. she thinks why the hell would anyone put themselves through a cs when a vb is so "easy." sil and mil only had vbs too.

I know it's my choice and I should ignore them, but it makes me feel judged.
    Yes it was your post in another thread that got me wondering..

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh one comment I remember on here very well was something about if you weren't intending to push your baby out then you shouldn't have got pregnant . There are risks associated no matter which way you give birth. It is up to you which risks you are happy to take.

I chose a c-section for a few reasons none of which was that I was "too posh to push" (stupid line if you ask me).

Most of my reasons were psychological, actually all my reasons were. So once people find that out you get well you should have got counselling to have your baby vaginally. Well I did not want to have counselling about, nor do I now. I had some things happen when I was a younger girl which has lead to all this. I have never had a pap smear for the same reasons I had a c-section.

I did not find the recovery bad/traumatic at all. I found the pain manageable and I was still able to do things I did before a c-section just at a slower pace for a while. I now have 2 lines across my undie line, which can only be seen up close. No one except DP see it anyway.
    Last edited by PomPoms; 04-02-2012 at 16:26.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PomPoms For This Useful Post:

Guest654  (04-02-2012),~Marigold~  (04-02-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Mistyk View Post
    I was very pro elective cesarian for most of this pregnancy for the following main reasons.
    I'm a bit of a control freak and could choose to have bubs arrive sooner rather than later. This was important to me as I'd rather spend my maternity leave with him rather than waiting for him.
    The unknowns of a VB scare me. I can't think of anything worse than laboring for 10+ hours then having to have an emergency CS. 3rd and 4th degree tears and any other numerous complications scare me big time... And in my mind recovery from an elective CS is shorter than recovery from major tears. I've had some very close friends with horror stories!
    And friends that have had both would opt again for an elective CS any day over VB. I've just had 3 besties in the last month have them and all were up and moving comfortably and freely a week later and driving 2 weeks later.
    This said over the last month I have changed my mind and decided to go with VB. I have no idea why, something has just changed in my head! I just hope that my decision doesn't come back to haunt me
    I am grateful my ob cuts rather than let his patients tear. I would much rather have a neat cut than an untidy tear. Healing time, I was uncomfortable for a few days and i had physio for 4 days which helped with healing. Was fine after that. And i don't even have scar. Best of luck to you!

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Blessedwith3boys For This Useful Post:

ComeBackKid  (04-02-2012),~Marigold~  (04-02-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Failed induction resulting in an emergency cs with my first.

Was planning on a vbac with my second but towards the end of the pregnancy she started to engage incorrectly and her head was pressing on.the nerves at the base of my spine and i could hardly work. I changed my mind at the last minute and had an elective cs.

I was planning on having a vba2c with my third in the early stages of pregnancy. This was not allowed by my hospital. But the pregnancy almost broke me so i was glad to have an elective cs at 38 weeks.

I am all for women making informed choices when it comes to childbirth and c sections. Caesaerans are not always awful experiences and i feel that if a woman wants one -after being fully informed of the procedure and risks - she should be entitled to one. Everyone seems to go on about 'her body/baby, her choice' with elective c/s being the exception to that rule. You shouldn't have to justify and Qualify. If that's the birth experience you want then you should have it. There should be no guilt or shame attached to c/s.

Sent from my GT-S5670 using BubHub

10. The Following User Says Thank You to ComeBackKid For This Useful Post:

~Marigold~  (04-02-2012)

Witwicky is offline A closed mouth gathers no foot.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    ^^ Tears which have occurred naturally actually heal better and quicker than cuts, and apparently hurt less...just sayin'.

12. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Witwicky For This Useful Post:

delirium  (04-02-2012),jenrose  (04-02-2012),Mysurprisebaby  (05-02-2012),RobinSparkles  (04-02-2012),~Marigold~  (04-02-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I was considering an elective c - sect for my first pregnancy because I had been through alot of trauma caused from other medical reasons not pregnancy and I couldn't mentally cope with a vag birth going wrong, after a lot of research I decided I wanted a natural water birth but unfortunately that option was taken away from me when I needed a c -sect for medical reasons.

I posted on here about wanting an elective c -sect and it was absolutely disgusting I got attacked so badly I even got rude private msgs!!!
    Was so shocking how mothers on here could be soo nasty.....
    I still don't get why ppl care how another mother chooses to birth her baby??!
    Any way a lot of ppl were saying I was very selfish for wanting a c -sect as they believed it was very dangerous for the baby.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh and seriously if i hear 'too posh to push' one more time i may scream! Those people have obviously never had a needle injected into their spine or tried to recover from major abdominal surgery with a newborn baby. Too posh indeed.

Sent from my GT-S5670 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    My CS was for medical reasons, but was classed as elective. I believe there are many like that.

Despite that, now that I have had a CS I can definitely see why women would choose to give birth that way.

I did find it quite painless, and the recovery for me was straightforward. I was quite surprised at how 'not in pain' I felt afterwards!

I think I would elect to have a CS next time, as I had such a good experience the first time around, and I also believe that it would be a lower risk option than a VBAC.

I am also a big believer in the fact that once your baby is out then it really doesn't matter which way it came out, as long as mum and baby are happy and healthy. If it makes you happy to have a VB then do that (haha - the birth, not the beer), and the same goes for a CS.

I think that many of these comments that are made about women who have had CS or drug assisted births are really down to an unpleasant kind of competitiveness that can sometimes exist between us. Unfortunately there are lots of these contentious topics from pregnancy onwards, and it can sometimes be hard to ignore them, but I think the only way to stay sane is to try to see them for what they are and do what suits you best!