Closed Thread
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910
    Thanks
    Reviews
    I had an elective c-section, was well informed and made the right choice for me and my baby. Speedy recovery and have no hesitations doing it again

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Alimia For This Useful Post:

hopefully2  (04-02-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Aaaah the thread was about understanding women's choice not judging whether you feel it was informed or not. See I am right the reason to introduce the risk factors was as a result of assuming that we made choices that others are greater and higher authorities on and therefore we need greater education so we can comply to others more educated views in future. It is ego centric and once again devalues the lessons that can be learnt by gaining deeper understanding of others rather than assuming one or a few are the authority.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to hopefully2 For This Useful Post:

BlissedOut  (04-02-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    i had a c section for no 1 due to failiure to progress flowing induction etc have been offered one for my second..so far no medical reason but im 95% sure i will take this option. the whole induction etc thing i didnt really like first time,and i just have a feeling the same thing will happen again. i admit my c/s was mostly positive wheras my attempt at vb was boring, unenjoyble and in retrosepct way more "invasive" than the c section (nurses coming in and shoving thier hands up your vjj etc etc constantly, ppl in and out the room, monitoring etc). i aslo freely admit i am more worried about tearing / damage etc etc with a vb. and even tho i know its very very unlikely i couldnt forgive myself if i had an abruption trying to do a vb... i was never openly "judged" ....but SIL/BIL who had vb a few weeks b4 did make comments like when we recounted the lead up to c section it was like "well my DS wasnt engaged prior to labour either"; "my DS had the cord around his neck too" (This was her 3rd vb) so it was implied that really ....maybe i shouldve toughed it out like her and that obviously i prob didnt really need a c section. i also admit that i have never had a strong urge to birth a particular way, its never been important to me HOW the baby comes out, its just not a big deal for me personally to have acheived a vb experience so hence why i dont care how others have thier baby or think that any way is better than another. how ppl birth and raise children is completely thier own business and i dont get why women get so biacthy about it

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    I'm not judging anyone for choosing a c-section.

To say that a c-section is safer for mother and baby in a normal pregnancy is not true. A vb in a low-risk pregnancy is a lot safer than a c-section, for mother and baby.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to BigRedV For This Useful Post:

share a book  (04-02-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    There are also a lot of women who post on here saying they feel their birth would have gone better if they knew their rights, had been better informed or done more research into birth.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank you
    And with a wide array of answers and experiences, I'll close this thread now

Thanks to those who contributed constructively

10. The Following User Says Thank You to DQ For This Useful Post:

jacobsmamma  (04-02-2012)