+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I'm the opposite. I generally prefer male check out operators are they're usually quicker and nicer than the girls.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Janesmum123 View Post
    Lol.

Its not cause they are guys. It's just because the person either doesn't care or doesn't know any better. Nothing to do with being male or female.
    I've had good and bad packers regardless of gender.
    I now put my groceries on the belt grouped how I want and I put a green bag in between groups so they know when to change bags.
    I hate when I have so many bags bit they just fill up tiger bags do much that I can barely lift them. This way I don't have to keep asking for them to change how they're packing my stuff.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Pinkzy View Post
    I'm the opposite. I generally prefer male check out operators are they're usually quicker and nicer than the girls.
    Me too

Mod-RaryGirl is offline Forum Manager
    Winner 2013 - Best Avatar
    << Awesome avatar by Best Things!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I go to Aldi now so I don't have to worry about the tomatoes being under the tins of spaghetti etc. though I still find I load it on the conveyor belt as I want it packed ... it must be habit after years of hopeless check out packers.

---------------
    Sent from my mobile device, please excuse the typing missed cakes.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Pinkzy View Post
    Yeah, me too

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by delirium View Post
    That is a HUGE bug bear of mine... check out people that load the bags up to splitting point. I had one girl that I got every freak'n week (they only have 1-2 checkouts for trolleys open here) that would put 3x3L milks in one bag after I repeatedly and politely asked her not to. I worked out she was putting 10-12 kg of stuff in one bag
    OMG why do they do that?! I find it particularly annoying when I have 20 green bags with me so there is no reason for it.

Quote Originally Posted by jonnysmama View Post
    I've had good and bad packers regardless of gender.
    I now put my groceries on the belt grouped how I want and I put a green bag in between groups so they know when to change bags.
    Good idea!

I find generally that younger staff, especially teens, don't pack well, probably because they don't do grocery shopping. Older staff are better IMO.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Generally the ones that are terrible are actually grocery / nightfill staff - and are trained to use a cash register (but not pack) so they can be called on checkout when it's busy or they're covering for someone.

Also, the younger ones tend to not be so good at packing because they don't ever shop for themselves as they still live at home.... So they've never had squashed bread or chemical-y fruit.

You can always pack yourself if they're doing a bad job

Mummy & Daddy - expanding our family! Our little man born April 2011 and now expecting another munchkin in August 2012! Loving it!!!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Also if you have repeat offenders - call & report them to the store. They'll be given some packing training

Mummy & Daddy - expanding our family! Our little man born April 2011 and now expecting another munchkin in August 2012! Loving it!!!!!

Buttoneska is offline Winner 2010- Most Community Minded Thread Award
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Not at my supermarket - I have a great checkout bloke who I always go through. His name is Aaron and he is just lovely, friendly, efficient. He is going to Canada in a March and I am going to miss him

Buttoneska is offline Winner 2010- Most Community Minded Thread Award
    Thanks
    Reviews
    also, don't you unpack int eh order oyu want everything packed?? I do.