+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    BarefootedMumma is offline Aiming to be in the top 10 busiest users one week.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Another Pointless rant about Grocery shopping...

Why do they let Males pretend to be checkout chicks? They take Twice as long to scan items and can never pack them right, or ask how you want things packed. And If I ever have the courage to ask them how to pack something they grunt rudely and ignore my requests.

Normally I just avoid them, but today they had 7 checkouts open all wit Teen males on. I randomly picked one and he tried to put 10 litres or more of milk in one bag, then had trouble lifting it.. yet expected me to do it when Clearly I am not using one hand that is in a brace.

he Also put 3 of an item in a bag that barely fit one of the item in it.

I am just lucky this was a detergent and chemical free shop or my lettuce might have been bleached.

BTW I am not normally sexist, I was actually Married to a male checkout chick once.. But I also wouldn't let him scan my shopping as he couldn't even pack a trolley.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I love the male checkout operators that normally serve me , they don't babble about pointless stuff and they get my shopping packed right and in good time. I even avoid some of the female operators at my supermarket as they are so slow and keep blaming the cash registers when they can't scan something. Plus I never hear the guys say " you have your hands full there" lol

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    yeah ones I have been to take 10 x longer than girls and have no idea

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger - Thanks100 Posts in a week
    That is a HUGE bug bear of mine... check out people that load the bags up to splitting point. I had one girl that I got every freak'n week (they only have 1-2 checkouts for trolleys open here) that would put 3x3L milks in one bag after I repeatedly and politely asked her not to. I worked out she was putting 10-12 kg of stuff in one bag She'd just kind of give me this bovine stare lol, unpack that one bag then continue to load up all the rest of the bags the same I seriously mentioned to her for 2 YEARS to please stop loading up the bags as they were splitting in the car park.

Sorry lol but as you can tell this drives me nuts

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    It's like letting women be race car drivers.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to BlissedOut For This Useful Post:

Pinkzy  (04-02-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    At our local Coles we've gone enough to know who the good packers are and who are hopeless.
    I've found most of our Woolies packers to be shocking and stuff is shoved and done so stupidly, you can't help but go "look mate that's gonna either squash my bread or crush all the eggs, you think the four bottles of coke really belong there?"

I also know which packers at Coles don't talk too much but still talk enough that you don't think they are personality free robots lol.

If I ever have a problem I take note if their name and send off an email saying "John is a hopeless packer. Train him or move him as he holds up your line and makes people wish they picked Woolies."

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bubs'n'Roses For This Useful Post:

ComeBackKid  (04-02-2012),delirium  (04-02-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I avoid check outs they don't bag things the way I want them, and I purposely load them on the checkout the way I want them packed. They take so long and sometimes I don't feel like chit chatting who doesn't like their job. So I use the self serve most of the time

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by BlissedOut View Post
    It's like letting women be race car drivers.
    Lol.

Its not cause they are guys. It's just because the person either doesn't care or doesn't know any better. Nothing to do with being male or female.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I just did my first online woolies order yesterday and got it this morning. This thread has made me feel even better than i already did about doing so haha

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    yeah males are useless at some thing hehehe