+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    and yes I love the name Isabella if you love it use it!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to EmPowering For This Useful Post:

lisa2012  (04-02-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    My name is Michelle and there was three others at school. I was just Michelle L. I liked not having to spell it and never having it mispronounced. My DH has a common name too and we are looking at fairly common names for bub as we both enjoyed growing up with ours.
    I had an unusual maiden name and now have a fairly common one, I like the common one more for all the same reasons above!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to GM01 For This Useful Post:

lisa2012  (04-02-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    There are 3 Isabel's, 2 Lucas's and 2 lochlan's in my ds's class. Popular names bother me exactly because of this!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I think you should go with whatever you love. My name is also Michelle so I have a very common name and it's not that bad : ) there were times at school where I wished I had something different but there are pros and cons to all. I personally love the name Larissa. It's my nieces name and her nickname is Lala. Go with your heart and don't worry about others

Witwicky is offline A closed mouth gathers no foot.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    In my experience, you can't predict trends and you can't predict whether children will have the same name at school. My name isn't really common, I went my whole life without meeting another until my first day of highschool - there were TWO other girls with the same name. So in the end I was referred to as "[name] B". However, I do still take this into consideraton...the chances of that happening are quite low, whereas with a name that is already popular, you are pretty much guaranteed to have several in each class.

My sister's name was *very* rare when she was born. Nowadays it is in the top 5 list in every state, and has been the top 1 most popular name for several years in a row. My parents never saw that happening!

I choose names that I like. It just so happens that I don't like overly popular names because I think they are incredibly boring...maybe because I have heard them so much before? My friend said she was tossing up between using "Ben" or "Andrew", and I was thinking - really?! Such boring, plain names, is it really difficult to choose one?!

My DS2's name is becoming more and more popular, but I have always loved it which is why I chose it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    My ds is Max and there is always another max at the playground up until we moved his best friend was max as well. It's more confusing for the parents then the kids whist they are young, and I don't think it really matters with boys in general. At school there were at least 5 other Rebecca's one had to be bec one had to be becca one was Becky and
    One was Rebecca and the rest of the time they were known as Becky B/H/O or whatever initial the last name was it was annoying and I hated it

Thanks
    Reviews
    Most Larissa's I know get called Riss not Lara, I would never call a larissa Lara, and I personally love Rory but without watching Gilmore girls would not associate a rory with loralai

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    3 out of 4 of my girls are from the "top 10". Has not caused an issue yet Infact, we always get complimented on their names.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have an Isabella, she was born in 2008 just before the twilight phase began but when the name was still popular. In her childcare centre she is the only Isabella and there are a lot of kids in the centre. I reckon if you love the name use it

12. The Following User Says Thank You to bellarosesmum For This Useful Post:

lisa2012  (04-02-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh and everyone that I meet always tells me how gorgeous her name is