+ Reply to Thread
Page 24 of 171 FirstFirst ... 1422232425263474124 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Mum2Jas View Post
    Yes!!! So far I have been super tired, hot, woke one night to wee then couldn't get back to sleep (like happened in both pregnancies) boobs are tingling. I think I've convinced myself that I am utd. I'm going to be bitterly disappointed if I'm not.
    I'm glad I'm not the only one Mum2Jas!
    I think I'm trying to convince myself too, although I don't have the sore boobs yet (which was my obvious symptom last time I was pregnant). I'm crossing my fingers I'll get that symptom soon, but so long to wait until testing! Damn you 2WW!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I feel awful. I woke up with really itchy watery eyes, got up and felt really dizzy. Went to the bathroom and had a hot flush, had to lay on the floor and try calm down. I was sweating hot and my hands wouldn't stop shaking.
    I hope it's all pre-pregnancy related... 6 hours later and I still feel awful.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by smilychicky View Post
    Hi ladies. Just put bubhub back pn my phone after a disappointing 8 months of ttc. I was getting obsessed with reading everyone else's stories and it was doing my head in. That said, after not actively trying last month I am now 9 days late when normally very regular. 3 Bfn so far, the last being on friday. I am determined not to test again until saturday. The timing is crappy though as a bfp will mean I won't be able to go back to my job when my current leave ends and I'll have to resign

Anyway, on another note, Demeter may ask what prompted your dh to get a vasectomy reversal after seemingly a long time? I only ask because it has been our plan for dh to get a vasectomy after we have 2 kids but I'm wondering if this is a good idea now.

Babydust for everyone! Let's hope we can all move on to a new more exciting thread soon!
    Hi smileychicky, that fine to ask. This is going to sound weird, but I actually had a dream that my DH agreed to have the reversal, if I didn't go to England. I had actually paid a deposit to go on a trip by myself.

Anyway, when I told him about the dream, he had a rather strange reaction, which made me ask him if, having another baby would be something he would now like. After some thought, he said yes, now that the other kids are a little older, we would like to have another baby... and so, the reversal.

Just a note on the original vasectomy. We found it a wonderful contraceptive, however, DH did experience some pain every now and then from back pressure, which is apparently very normal. If you have even the slightest thought that you may like children in the future, I would not suggest a vasectomy as it is definately supposed to be a permanent solution.

Hope this helps.

Demeter

Eko is offline Acrobatic Dominatrix.
    Winner 2012 - Most Politically Correct Member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bubby4us View Post
    I feel awful. I woke up with really itchy watery eyes, got up and felt really dizzy. Went to the bathroom and had a hot flush, had to lay on the floor and try calm down. I was sweating hot and my hands wouldn't stop shaking.
    Happy daaaaaaaaaaaaance! I hope it's all pre-preg too! I hope it's good news for you ladies too Mum2Jas & MrsNat! I apologise if I've missed anyone else, I'm feeling a bit off-kilter today. Op hit me harder today than it had yesterday and there's a lot of bruising and swelling coming up so I'm not really here iykwim.

I'm going to be back on my pre-conception vits tomorrow. I was only taking folate, magnesium and calcium as they folate's a given, but the mag & calcium is supposed to improve the chances for a girl. I'm going to buy a few things to make my diet a bit more acid this week as well. I know I know, getting suckered into the hype and it'll still be 50-50 for a girl or boy but I kind of feel like I have to try everything that isn't as insane as dancing naked under the light of the full moon or anything like that hahaha.

ETA: Ok, so I got an email back from the 'baby psychic' that everyone on another website raves about today.

"When I spoke with your baby to come she said shes a precious girl. That you will FIND OUT WITH A POSITIVE TEST APRIL OF 2012 OR CONCEIVE APRIL OF 2012 OR GIVE BIRTH/EXPECTED DUE DATE OF APRIL OF 2013.

When I spoke with your next child to come she said shes a precious girl. That you will FIND OUT WITH A POSITIVE TEST SEPT OF 2016 OR CONCEIVE SEPT OF 2016 OR GIVE BIRTH/EXPECTED DUE DATE OF SEPT OF 2017."

Kind of stoked. I'm definitely taking it with a grain of salt, but both DH and I really want a girl for this bub and if what this lady says is true, this cycle could be the one. And with a little pink one and all! I didn't give her any information about what sex we were hoping for or anything. I actually didn't give her much info at all to be honest.
    I'm hoping that we don't have an expected due date of April, because that'd be DS, me, AND a new bub all in one month *chuckle*.

The REALLY interesting thing though is that she mentions a third child. DH and I have both said from day dot that we only want two children. I could see three happening if our second child was a girl though, DH is only really against it because he's the oldest of three boys who caused their mother no end of trouble growing up. He doesn't want me to have the same grief.
    If we had a girl in the middle that would break it all up nicely. Anyway, it's only la-la land speculation but still, it's fun to speculate *grin*.
    Last edited by Eko; 28-02-2012 at 16:23.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Eko For This Useful Post:

NZer  (28-02-2012)

jbish is offline “Today you are You, that is truer than true. There is no one alive who is Youer than You.” Dr Seuss
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    How fun Eko! Where do I get this thingy done?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Is that a Ruby reading?
    I paid for one 3 years ago, she said I would have a boy... and find out I was pregnant between Jan-Mar 2012. I guess I have 1 last cycle to see if she's right.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Sorry to hear you are feeling awful, hopefully its pregnancy related!!
    I woke yday with a sore throat and today have sneezes and feeling heady. Not what I need right on O time. Want to take codral but am trying to avoid medicines while ttc. Anyone know of any good natural remedies for a stupid head cold or is it ok to take codral?

9. The Following User Says Thank You to maybee baybee For This Useful Post:

NZer  (28-02-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    aww yeah that doesn't sound too good. I don't know what you can take but I hope you can find something soon.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Is that a Ruby reading?
    I paid for one 3 years ago, she said I would have a boy... and find out I was pregnant between Jan-Mar 2012. I guess I have 1 last cycle to see if she's right.
    Yep, it was by Ruby. And hey, wouldn't suprise me, you're sounding very utd-ish to me, lady! *chuckle*.

I'm happy to PM anyone the details of the site if you want them, don't think we're allowed to advertise on here (which is fair enough). I paid $5 to find out the conception/due date and gender of my next bub. She did the next two because it took her so long to get back to me.
    You're supposed to hear back in 3 days, but I didn't hear back for 8. That being said apparently you can get a $10 expedited service, but I figure for a bit of fun that was a bit too pricey heh.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Eko For This Useful Post:

NZer  (28-02-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @maybee baybee I use Echinacea, it's a natural botanical that boosts your immune system and does a great job of knocking back cold and flu symptoms. Has the added bonus that the longer you take it, the better the effects are.
    That being said, it's not recommended whilst you're already pregnant as it can stimulate uterine contractions, so I'm not sure if it's ok whilst ttc. A pharmacist should be able to tell you though .

The other thing that's great and my grandmother swears by, is garlic tablets. You can get them in the vitamins aisle, and they do a similar job although I tend to find they don't work as fast as echinacea. I'd probably recommend garlic tabs for ttc, but as I said it can't hurt to ask.