+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default The terrible 2's...

This is me right now -->

DD (2) was put to bed an hour ago. She point blank refuses to to stay in bed, keeps coming out and trying to cuddle up to us on the couch and chucks the biggest hissy fit when she's put straight back to bed, kicks, screams, bites, the works. We give her a cuddle when she's put back to bed, so its not like we are depriving her, but at the same time, we are trying not to encourage it.

This has been going on every night all week. She's perfectly healthy. I took her to the doctor yesterday to make sure it wasn't another ear infection as she's been getting them a lot.

Her terrible 2's are driving me and Hubby mad. This whole sleep issue just adds to a list of problems. She has decided that is she wants something, she's going to point and scream instead of asking and after I refuse to give it to her, she will eventually ask. She's been so mean to the dogs, pulling ears, throwing toys at them. Got to the point the dogs are safer outside!

And don't even go down the track of what she's like to us. The split second she doesn't get what she wants she hits or throws stuff. She managed to split Hubby's lip open on Tuesday after hitting him with her toy phone. I have taken so many toys away from her this week she hardly has anything left to play with.

We went shopping today and DD loves to have a cocktail sav from the deli. They always just give her one. Today she decided that the one she was given wasn't good enough, threw it on the floor and then pointed to the rest of them on display. I told her she couldn't have one because she wasted the one she was given. That ended our shopping trip as she simply would not stop screaming. I felt so embarrassed and couldn't get out of the shop fast enough.

Is this just a phase that we have to ride out? I really don't know how much more of this I can take.

Thanks
    Reviews
    yes a phase hence terrible 2's not 3 and 4's

if only it was that easy, hope it passes fast and my 18mth old gives it a miss as my 11 is hitting the teenager attitude problems which is enough

Thanks
    Reviews
    yes its just a phase, testing the boundaries.

my ds still does this on occasion, he has tantrums in kmart or target or something like that if i dont buy him a matchbox car on every shopping trip.

apparently it gets easier ....

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Could have written OP word for word about my DD1- and she is 4.5!

Me + He = DD1 (2007), DD2 (2010) & BellyBaby due August 2012
    Angel Baby 1 (July 2008) & Angel Baby 2 (October 2011)