+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Thermolicious this is why I ask:

It's funny how we are quick to keep our kids away from known baddies, and no one blames us for cutting contact with dangerous people, yet when said dangerous person in a parent it suddenly becomes wrong or unfair to not allow that relationship between parent and child. Interesting how people are. Thanks everyone for sharing
    Last edited by share a book; 04-02-2012 at 09:50.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to share a book For This Useful Post:

HarvestMoon  (04-02-2012),RunningWithScissors  (04-02-2012),Stiflers Mom  (04-02-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by share a book View Post
    It's funny how we are quick to keep our kids away from known baddies, and no one blames us for cutting contact with dangerous people, yet when said dangerous person in a parent it suddenly becomes wrong or unfair to not allow that relationship between parent and child. Interesting how people are. Thanks everyone for sharing
    I'd question the sanity of anyone suggesting you are being unfair in your situation.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to BlissedOut For This Useful Post:

RunningWithScissors  (04-02-2012)

headoverfeet is offline The truth will set you free, but first it will **** you off. -Gloria Steinem
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Thermolicious this is why I ask:

Obviously I missed something

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    My kids have a good relationship with their father to an extent.. well 2 out of 3 do!

DD18 hates her father and refuses to contact him.. she has seen his abusive ways and he has let them down way too many time

DD15 can't see fault with him no matter how many times he lets them down and DS goes with him at every opportunity.. i think it's a case of he gets what he wants when his with him..

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by BlissedOut View Post
    I'd question the sanity of anyone suggesting you are being unfair in your situation.
    Not just my situation, there are many people here who are unwilling to allow the father in, they are judged harshly even though the father is a druggie who sleeps on a futon in someone else's unit and wants the child for overnight visits. The judgement worsens if she receives cs.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Thermolicious View Post
    Obviously I missed something
    It's unfair to stop kids having a relationship with both parents. That's commonly sprouted here. Even if they have a step parent, they still apparently need to know both bio parents. That's all.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Not just my situation, there are many people here who are unwilling to allow the father in, they are judged harshly even though the father is a druggie who sleeps on a futon in someone else's unit and wants the child for overnight visits. The judgement worsens if she receives cs.
    I understand exactly what you're saying.. i have been there.. and all i can say is stuff what other people think! So many people are so quick to judge and stick their noses in other peoples business! Perhaps they need to take a good look in their own backyard before they worry about other peoples lives

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to insanity For This Useful Post:

share a book  (04-02-2012),Stiflers Mom  (04-02-2012)

headoverfeet is offline The truth will set you free, but first it will **** you off. -Gloria Steinem
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    It's unfair to stop kids having a relationship with both parents. That's commonly sprouted here. Even if they have a step parent, they still apparently need to know both bio parents. That's all.
    Oh ok, well I don't think that's right my stepdad made an awesome dad, best guy ever haven't spoken to my dad in 16 years and I don't think I've missed out on anything.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to headoverfeet For This Useful Post:

share a book  (04-02-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yeah, see, I think no relationship is far better than a negative or unsafe relationship.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to share a book For This Useful Post:

HarvestMoon  (04-02-2012),SassyMummy  (04-02-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have not see anyone here suggest that anyone let an abusive parent run around with your kids, I have heard people say that a court would allow it I know one mom here has an abusive ex and he still gets visitation.